Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Who do we think he goes for if we lose Beale to Charlton?

The worrying thing is Beale is the brains of the operation. He might be better off calling his old buddy Rafa to come and help out

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Who do we think he goes for if we lose Beale to Charlton?

We should sack Gerrard the day Beale leaves and go with someone else. All the talk is everything on the training ground is Beale.

• Like 1

Might not be the worst thing for Gerrard to have a different voice tbh. Because I'm staggered were playing the same players the same way the same philosophy the same mistakes every single week.

Maybe they are not a good fit for each other at this level and aren't challenging each other enough.

• Like 1

In the last month or so I've been critical of Gerrard for not starting Emi, which I think is a big mistake and risks us losing him, but that's it, that's more or less the only thing I've had an issue with... he made a briliant start with those four wins in the first six games and I think he's done a good job overall, aside from our recent four match losing run. 

I think someone yesterday on the pre-match thread may have mistaken me for one of the people who have an "agenda" against Steven Gerrard but I don't. I was just frustrated because he said that Emi trained all day on Friday amd so the little knock he picked up on Thursday was "no issue". If it was really no issue then i think he should have started the match yesterday.

57 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Were they? I didn’t think his Europa league record was bad 

I was wrong, as mentioned they managed to qualify from the group stage each year which is fair enough.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, robby b said:

I think someone yesterday on the pre-match thread may have mistaken me for one of the people who have an "agenda" against Steven Gerrard but I don't. I was just frustrated because he said that Emi trained all day on Friday amd so the little knock he picked up on Thursday was "no issue". If it was really no issue then i think he should have started the match yesterday.

Irrespective of yesterday's game in isolation,  there are a number of weeks where Emi has been left on the bench in place of Coutinho, when performances have not merited that decision. 

Admittedly, that could have all been being done to encourage and get the Coutinho signing over the line, but since then this is the first chance we've had to see if that was the case... and it looks like it isn't. 

Feels like there is a blindness from Gerrard on this one, and a potential injury to Buendia doesn't stack up to me. Watkins trained less than him, and got on the pitch. Buendia looked 100% fine when he came on.

Aside from this,  I think Gerrard is doing OK, and want to see how he rotates us for the remaining two of our three games in the space of 7 days. If he sticks with all the same players I won't be a happy bunny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Irrespective of yesterday's game in isolation,  there are a number of weeks where Emi has been left on the bench in place of Coutinho, when performances have not merited that decision. 

Admittedly, that could have all been being done to encourage and get the Coutinho signing over the line, but since then this is the first chance we've had to see if that was the case... and it looks like it isn't. 

Feels like there is a blindness from Gerrard on this one, and a potential injury to Buendia doesn't stack up to me. Watkins trained less than him, and got on the pitch. Buendia looked 100% fine when he came on.

Aside from this,  I think Gerrard is doing OK, and want to see how he rotates us for the remaining two of our three games in the space of 7 days. If he sticks with all the same players I won't be a happy bunny. 

Gerrard does seem to have his favourites'. McGinn for example, not played particularly well, and despite this is never dropped nor even rotated to give other players some game time.

14 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Was that meant to sound as insincere as it read? 😂😂

Yep 😉

Beale was the genius behind the curtain so what happens if he leaves.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don't really see how post after post implying he is shit and will fail is a discussion but fair enough.

Implying he’s shit is not what I do.  I discuss points in depth with people, yes repetitively but it’s still discussion. 

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Implying he’s shit is not what I do.  I discuss points in depth with people, yes repetitively but it’s still discussion. 

I wasn't singling anyone out mate.   Sorry if it seemed that way.  Was more a general observation. 

I take it you're not optimistic he will come good?

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I get VLV's view though. Saying you don't think he's delivered and don't think he will be able to even given a transfer window and pre season is one thing.

Saying he's shit and should never have been appointed is an opinion that is being portrayed as fact. These are the things that annoy.

For what its worth, I can see both sides of the fence at the moment.  I don't feel like he's an upgrade on Smith, and we'll never know if Smith would have overseen the same improvement Gerrard did  when he benefited from having most of his starting line up fit.

But I think he has potential to be better than Smith, who probably won't be changing his ways anytime soon. I am enthused by the signings of Digne and Coutinho, it shows a step up in quality from signings we're used to seeing.  I'm concerned with the way he doesn't put Buendia as the first name on the teamsheet. He still has more to do on in game management (something that was also heavily  complained about with Smith). Our stats since Gerrard came in show us as the 8th best team in the league. This makes me optimistic to see how he fares over a whole season. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â