Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

7 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yep, that's the bloke I am comparing him with. I suspect the Arsenal board are now quite happy they didn't sack him when he was only in the job a short period of time and that they gave a young and inexperienced manager the time to prove his abilities to them. They are currently 5th in the league, only behind 4th placed Spurs on GD

You could just basically compare Arteta to any sh*t manager and say this is what could happen. One manager improving his performance and returing the club to where they were before he took over, after 3-4 seasons of garbage, does not make it the norm, nor a benchmark worth following.

I am 99% certain (as seem many arsenal fans), that theyd be a year or two further in their progress if they had a different manager. Cannot believe they sacked Emery.. i think theyll struggle again next season whilst also playing european football..

With all that being said, it would be lunacy to sack gerrard anytime soon but I have my doubts, although there are also some positives.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It's great to see that he has taken losing 4 games in a row in his stride. Love hearing him talk about his love for cold play. It's a shame Gary didn't ask him more about Liverpool

16 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Smith had terrible luck with fitness during his last few months with us. If he'd had the team that Gerrard has, I reckon we'd be better off over him.  That said, he's more experienced than Gerrard, so you'd expect him to be better, and there is zero chance Courtinho would have joined us if Smith was at the helm.

I was on the fence about whether replacing Dean with Gerrard was a good call....and I still am. It's not looking promising so far, but he's got this transfer window and the start of next season to win me over. I hope he does.

Pretty much where I'm at, although i'm slightly more optimistic about SG than you are (slightly). 

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

First minute " You're not on the radar, you're doing well."

Therein lies it all about punditry and interview in this country between ex pros and mates.

or maybe its the fact that he is still doing a lot better than the likes of lampard. just cause a few on here think he's shit it doesn't mean that pundits are favouring their mates

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Take the blinkers off you might take some positives from the interview 

Okay. "What's the one thing Villa need to do to get into the top 4"

"Believe"

He's an absolute pashun merchant

Edited by rodders0223

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

lampard win % with everton - 35.7%

gerrard win % with villa - 38.1%

And that's a lot better? Especially when Lampard took over a squad which was in a right mess.

Edited by Tom13

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

or maybe its the fact that he is still doing a lot better than the likes of lampard. just cause a few on here think he's shit it doesn't mean that pundits are favouring their mates

The likes of Lampard ? - who does that include exactly.......just Lampard ? :) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

And that's a lot better? Especially when Lampard took over a squad which was in a right mess.

and we weren't? otherwise deano would still be here

by the way, everton were 5 places above us when deano got sacked...

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

The likes of Lampard ? - who does that include exactly.......just Lampard ? :) 

the interview (i know you're not planning on watching) referred to how the pundits hadn't criticised gerrard yet. neville's response was along the lines of 'bigger fish to fry' than gerrard.

and in any case...maybe the pundits are willing to give them a bit more than a few months before making their minds up.

edit: putting you on ignore now anyway as it's impossible to have a reasonable debate with some of you as you openly admit to making your minds up before SG was even appointed

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Okay. "What's the one thing Villa need to do to get into the top 4"

"Believe"

He's an absolute pashun merchant

I found that funny myself tbh. Dream believe achieve. He talks about the potential of the group and adding to the potential as well though. Their could be a mentality issue with the team, it wouldn’t surprise me 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â