Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Gerrard needs the summer window to put his stamp on the team. My concern though is that the likes of Buendia and Bailey, who could be great for us, will be moved on and will find their form again.

As long as we don’t sell them to another PL team I guess.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My biggest concern with gerrard is his points return against the top sides   ite been pathetic and its a near full strength team. Even smith managed to beat some of the top sides. 

Id give him until end of season if this shit continues then he has to be sacked as this is simply not good enough.

No. Our players just aren’t good enough - the manager is still on trial.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, picicata said:

He'll get until Christmas. Let's hope he hasn't spunked too much on his old Liverpool mates by that point.

I find this to be a very unusual argument. Surely one thing most people agree upon is the quality of the signings Gerrard has made. If he signs players as good as Digne, Coutinho and Chambers then we will be in a great position for any new manager coming in.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Gerrard needs the summer window to put his stamp on the team.

This is what worries me. Who else plays like this. When it doesn't work out, we're just throwing it all out and rebuilding the squad again are we? How much patience do the owners have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

We (purslow) **** this one haven't we

It’s too early to say. What I would say though is that Purslow has really put his neck on the line with this appointment.

If it fails, Purslow needs to go as well.

• Like 1

GET HIM OUT NOW!
He will blame the players when its the clearly the tactics 
Spent 120million in the summer alone, got a team full of international players, MANAGER problem its not a player issue. 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

It’s too early to say. What I would say though is that Purslow has really put his neck on the line with this appointment.

Not for me, you cabt sack your ceo because he gets one managed appointment wrong. How many clubs would be sacking their ceos on this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

From what I've heard about Purslow's time at Liverpool, he'd happily let Gerrard have a go on his wife, so he's probably just enjoying the time they have together.

• Haha 1

I have no loyalty to Gerrard. Desperate for him to succeed, but he's not overwhelming me with belief that he's the guy to get us to the next level. 

I'm also worried about how he'll assemble the team over the summer and if it will align with our long term objectives of sustainability and youth integration. 

If Purslow were to be ruthless and drop the axe, I wouldn't be bothered at all, frankly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You know that’s not true. If we perform like that we will win more often than we lose. Today was harsh on us and I guarantee you that when the emotion subsides most fans will see that. Tough one to take but we have played much worse than that this season and won.

We don't though. We don't win more than we lose and we don't perform like that because we're ridiculously inconsistent. 

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

GET HIM OUT NOW!
He will blame the players when its the clearly the tactics 
Spent 120million in the summer alone, got a team full of international players, MANAGER problem its not a player issue. 

Nope, sorry to disappoint, didn’t blame the players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bit we managed to beat arsenal twice last year,spurs and chelsea?

League competitions are a marathon not a sprint. We beat Liverpool 7-2 so does that make us league championship material? Of course not so we should not quote selective results to prove anything.

Just now, picicata said:

I quite often do those 'name the starting Villa eleven v..' quizzes, our turn over in players is immense already! Not sure my old brain can cope with doing it every summer!

I dread to think of our player turnover since that summer Sherwood was in charge. Like a revolving door! 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Gerrard  in his post match sounds like he has decided who is out in the summer and knows alit of these players are shit

Didn’t get that at all, he said “ A lot will come on the journey, some won’t but that’s what happens when a new manager comes in”

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â