Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just want this season to be over, been feeling that way for a couple weeks now. Sadly I'm not really looking forward to next season either which considering our owners and the stuff happening around the club I really should.

But I just don't see this working out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

"Linked with" being the key phrase there.

There are many things you can crticisise Gerrard on but I don't think lazy rumours in the media about transfers is one of them.

That's why I said 'hoped'. I didn't actually criticise Gerrard at all.

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Losing interest very quickly. 

This whole regime will end in tears I'm certain of it. 

I’m so indifferent. 

I’m not even despondent or anything, just meh about it. I’m not sure getting rid of Gerrard at the end of the season would be a wise move, but equally I’m far from convinced him taking charge next season is the correct decision either.

My biggest worry is, as others have said, we spend £150m on “proven” players to break the top 8 and beyond and it doesn’t work. I worry the owners will be soon be fed up, sack Gerrard, then we have a load of disillusioned high earners who don’t have much of a resale value.

I know some on here like to think we’ve wasted all the money we’ve spent, but y’know, we will make a profit on the likes of Konsa for instance (as poor as today was, admittedly). I can’t see us making money on Digne for instance, so if that transfer (and one’s of that ilk) fail to work out, that really will be a waste.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Just want this season to be over, been feeling that way for a couple weeks now. Sadly I'm not really looking forward to next season either which considering our owners and the stuff happening around the club I really should.

But I just don't see this working out.

I feel the same way. This season has been a real damp squib and don't think next will be much better, if at all.

• Like 1

Just now, maqroll said:

Really annoying to see Buendia,  Chambers and Sanson all continue to be frozen out. 

Gerrard is alarmingly rigid in his selection and substitutions. 

Like the Rangers fans claimed he was.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Part of the reason why most players loved Deano because he wouldn't throw them under the bus in his pressers.  The buck stops with the manager, and this one is garbage.  Can't wait to see him dismantle the team this summer... 

Must admit with every match that passes I get more and more worried about the summer. However I didn't want Dean Smith and I was wrong about him, so lets hope I am wrong about Gerrard and when he has spent £200 million we will see a side that can play the system he wants to use. Afterall we all want Villa to win, and I want every Villa manager to succeed.

1 minute ago, Newry_Villan said:

Letting him loose on the squad this summer frightens me. He's not ready for this league and this experiment by Purslow is backfiring. 

If Gerrard goes I think Purslow will be going with him as he will defend him to the very end. Our owners don't have a load of knowledge either, feel they have let Purslow get too much of a grip on things.

My biggest concern with gerrard is his points return against the top sides   ite been pathetic and its a near full strength team. Even smith managed to beat some of the top sides. 

Id give him until end of season if this shit continues then he has to be sacked as this is simply not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Good squad ability wise yes but mentally? Most of them are just weak losers.

I don't know where you start with that but it is something that can be corrected. It doesn't help when they the guys on the bench see a poor performance and they aren't given a chance.

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

Spot on. There should be no doubt on where we are at the moment.

Yet funnily enough, there were a lot of people last year and early this year that claimed this squad were European challengers. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

My biggest concern with gerrard is his points return against the top sides   ite been pathetic and its a near full strength team. Even smith managed to beat some of the top sides. 

Id give him until end of season if this shit continues then he has to be sacked as this is simply not good enough.

He won't be sacked. He'll be here next season and we'll spend big this summer. 

Newcastle are two points behind us. Gerrard is a lot of work to do. He’ll get the summer but I’m long way from thinking he’s the right choice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Must admit with every match that passes I get more and more worried about the summer. However I didn't want Dean Smith and I was wrong about him, so lets hope I am wrong about Gerrard and when he has spent £200 million we will see a side that can play the system he wants to use. Afterall we all want Villa to win, and I want every Villa manager to succeed.

And if it doesn't work out, two summers in a row we'll have pissed away huge sums of cash on an ever changing idea of what the team should look.

I'm horrified by the idea of us signing players for this incredibly narrow, no wingers approach, then changing manager and flipping straight back.

Any sense of long term planning, and managers continuing our "project" in the same style seems to have gone completely out of the window, and we're going all in on Gerrard's vision to make it work.

• Like 4

Too many players just not good enough. These players were losing lots of games under Smith and now the same under Gerrard. 

Interesting summer ahead for sure. 

I cant wait to hear from gerrard 

I bet he wont criticise them and say we didnt deserve to lose 4-0 but im sorry no matter how well we played 1st half you dont lose 4-0 at home. Its pathetic cowardly and unacceptable 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â