Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Gerrard calling out the players is a good thing, some of them have been dining out on Villa for years.

If the players aren't strong enough to take that criticism and improve they will go.

To be fair I want to like our players but when I see them make the same mistakes, continue to be woefully inconsistent it is difficult to stick up for them.

Gerrard has been strong enough to 'wield the axe' already with a few.

it's usual that any new manager gets some time to implement and have at least three transfer windows before truly judging them. However I feel it will be a big summer and he'll know Villa will need to start the season strong next time!

Have they really though?

Promoted, survived and then finished 11th with our highest points total in a decade. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He strikes me as a shouter

He would appear so based on what we think we know of his character.

However, the likes of Emi Martinez have confirmed he isn't.

They say he is calm, but when he talks, people listen which is " A difficult balance to achieve " according to Emi.

"He's very quite, very calm. But when he speaks we listen," Martinez said.

"He reminds me a little bit about Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. When he gives us the game plan he's really aggressive and we know exactly what to do.

"Whatever comes out from his mouth we listen to."

"It's just that presence that he has got, we all respect him, we follow his plan, we follow his ideas.

"He's got a really good group of managers around him, Michael, Macca, Danksy, they are all really, really good coaches.

"We are really pleased with the people we have got leading us."

Although i know, it doesn't suit the narrative that he's an unhinged nutcase who has no clue what he is doing.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Dean was replaced for a reason, if you care to look for it.

Smith deserved to be replaced.

Getting in someone better would have been a good idea.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The last line is for the birds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That judgement for a young manager after 19 league games, is a joke.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You say that.....but this is primarliy his team....how do you reconcile that with your jaundiced view of a new young manager.

I hope when SG gets it right, I hope you have the humility to revisit, your comments.

33 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Poppycock.

Scrabble calculator - https://thekatespanos.com/scrabble-score-calculator/

That's 17 points for TRO, 18 points for Tomaszk and 26 points for me. Can anyone get a better scrabble score using synonyms of 'nonsense' from the 19th century or earlier?

Not even close, dangnabbit.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

You say that.....but this is primarliy his team....how do you reconcile that with your jaundiced view of a new young manager.

I hope when SG gets it right, I hope you have the humility to revisit, your comments.

It's plenty his squad. That's why we've got such good characters in there.

Smith couldn't of course use the new three £30m signings due to injury. And didn't have the £25m left back or £34m attacking Brazilian midfielder.

I base my opinions on evidence in front of me, as most sensible people do. If the evidence changes, I'll adjust.

It will be very very difficult for us to get worse under Gerrard. Because we are set up horribly, playing awfully and will spend £200m this summer. Worth bearing in mind.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ive learnt that you cant be too reactive with managers. They need time to build their own team and ideals.  Theres never a quick fix or is there is its never sustainable. Klopp took time to get things right at Liverpool when many were saying hes the new Kevin Keegan or no improvement on Rodgers. We need to show a bit of patience. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's plenty his squad. That's why we've got such good characters in there.

Smith couldn't of course use the new three £30m signings due to injury. And didn't have the £25m left back or £34m attacking Brazilian midfielder.

I base my opinions on evidence in front of me, as most sensible people do. If the evidence changes, I'll adjust.

It will be very very difficult for us to get worse under Gerrard. Because we are set up horribly, playing awfully and will spend £200m this summer. Worth bearing in mind.

Thank you....thats why we have a difference of opinion...so often.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

That judgement for a young manager after 19 league games, is a joke.

This for me. 5/6 games into this season, in his third season with them arsenal fans were calling for Arteta to be sacked, and look at them now. There has been cause for concern but there’s been a lot of premature overreactions imo

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This for me. 5/6 games into this season, in his third season with them arsenal fans were calling for Arteta to be sacked, and look at them now. There has been cause for concern but there’s been a lot of premature overreactions imo

Only a few months into this season Spurs fans were calling for Nuno to get sacked, and look at them now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Only a few months into this season Spurs fans were calling for Nuno to get sacked, and look at them now.

Yes Nuno who was never fit for the job, reportedly their 6/7th choice manager. We sack Gerrard tomorrow who do you appoint? 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â