Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

On 26/03/2022 at 19:41, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anybody else relaise, when we don't have a domestic game, buildup, or a transfer window for too long, we go a bit loopy?

A BIT loopy?

I have just read through the last three pages having been on a few days leave from the site and I can see VillaTalk has collectively taken leave of its senses, utterly and catastrophically so.

Somebody has even said they wish they could swap him back for Smith. I think the unseasonal sun has been going to a few heads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

A BIT loopy?

I have just read through the last three pages having been on a few days leave from the site and I can see VillaTalk has collectively taken leave of its senses, utterly and catastrophically so.

Somebody has even said they wish they could swap him back for Smith. I think the unseasonal sun has been going to a few heads.

That was me who would swap him but it’s got sod all to do with the charity match.

it’s completely to do with his formation 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

That was me who would swap him but it’s got sod all to do with the charity match.

it’s completely to do with his formation 

Dean Smith started all this slow narrow sh*t which began with Ings and the loss of Gresford, he signed Axl to play the awful 5 at the back system. The difference is Gerrard now has wide players fit to change the system and so far has refused to, but we don't know if Dean would have done the same either.

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

He's also quite young and not in a hurry. I think the owners and Purslow won't let him run wild with things at the detriment to long term stability.

He seems keen to work with youth...

How do you arrive at that conclusion ?

1 hour ago, hippo said:

How do you arrive at that conclusion ?

He has mentioned them several times. He consistently plays JJ, has played Chuck more than Smith did and gave that Tommy lad a run out. 

He has sent a couple out on loan to gain valuable experience.

Not playing the kids is just another stick to beat him with and is quite frankly bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

He has mentioned them several times. He consistently plays JJ, has played Chuck more than Smith did and gave that Tommy lad a run out. 

He has sent a couple out on loan to gain valuable experience.

Not playing the kids is just another stick to beat him with and is quite frankly bollocks. 

With respect I just asked how the poster arrived at the conclusion that Gerrard was very focused on youth.

JJ was a regular before he arrived.

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

With respect I just asked how the poster arrived at the conclusion that Gerrard was very focused on youth.

He was youth coach at Liverpool so has experience, he’s talked about his relationships with the u23 coaches  and how he wants them to work together, he’s been seen at u23 games, he’s brought Tim into the squad, talked about his long term plan for him, he’s sent Archer on loan to a club he has a good relationship with the manager. He has given Chuk minutes but is not in a position to guarantee him as many as he wants. He doesn’t have to just play 18 year olds in the first team to be focused on youth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Who do you think SG was referring to when he said not all the players are listening and on board with the program?

Didn't he say this months ago or has he said it again?

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ramsey had lost his place in the starting 11 prior to Gerrard arriving, having failed to start any of Smith's last 4 games. He regained his place in Gerrard's first match back and has started every game since.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Ramsey had lost his place in the starting 11 prior to Gerrard arriving, having failed to start any of Smith's last 4 games. He regained his place in Gerrard's first match back and has started every game since.

Still a regular in the squad though

15 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Ramsey did start against West Ham but came off injured after 15 minutes, guess that’s why he missed the Southampton game as well. But he didn’t start against Wolves or Arsenal.

I didn’t think of it before you wrote it now, but that awful run of games before Smith got sacked coincided with Ramsey not playing much.

15 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Ramsey did start against West Ham but came off injured after 15 minutes, guess that’s why he missed the Southampton game as well. But he didn’t start against Wolves or Arsenal.

I didn’t think of it before you wrote it now, but that awful run of games before Smith got sacked coincided with Ramsey not playing much.

Ah yeah, I almost wanted to mention that.

I've known for a while that Ramsey playing correlates to the team scoring more and conceding less compared to when he isn't and a large part of it is due to him not playing much of those games in that awful run with Smith.

How much of that is coincidental instead of causal is up in the air, but it's the main reason why I want him in the starting lineup as much as possible. Quite simply, when he plays, we win quite a bit more and lose quite a bit less. The only player who's impact on the team performance is comparable is Coutinho.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

18 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Ah yeah, I almost wanted to mention that.

I've known for a while that Ramsey playing correlates to the team scoring more and conceding less compared to when he isn't and a large part of it is due to him not playing much of those games in that awful run with Smith.

How much of that is coincidental instead of causal is up in the air, but it's the main reason why I want him in the starting lineup as much as possible. Quite simply, when he plays, we win quite a bit more and lose quite a bit less. The only player who's impact on the team performance is comparable is Coutinho.

You should have told the world earlier.

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Looks like he had a good time and a few laughs. Its what football is all about, and he raised some money for charity.

I have zero problem with it. Good to see him enjoying himself.

Exactly. I’m very happy for him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, briny_ear said:

A BIT loopy?

Having just read your post, which, by chance, was the first one I came to. I'm now off for another couple of day's. Maybe VT should pull the shutters down when it's an international break.

On 26/03/2022 at 16:58, hippo said:

The difference is Stevie G openly has ambitions to manage Liverpool.

For that reason he is going to buy ready made players ignoring development and youth players.

If the likes of chuck , bidace Archer  get shunted aside for a few ageing Scouser mates - that's going to create issues.

Carney, looks like he is hell bent on going, anyway....JPB has none of SG's mates as competition, neither has Tim, so its a false picture you paint.

These so called scouser mates, will enhance the environment, for the youth to come in to, its a tough gig, breaking in toa team with European aspirations.

The only issues, as I see it, is in your imagination.

On the manage Liverpool thing....he has a long way to go, to convince the Liverpool board, that he has what it takes to take over from Klopp.....then we have the task of scouring Witton for our next manager, in fear of them having an attachment to another club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â