Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

jeez people actually getting annoyed about this? it's a charity event ffs

emi martinez has his fa cup winning arsenal shirt + gloves framed in his gym...shall we have a whinge about that too?

he's an AVFC employee. he's never claimed to be a villa fan. get a grip guys

Comparing this to emi’s framed shirt is a bit different!  No issue with the match es playing but the media vid of our manager in another clubs gear (yes I know his connection) is just not right.  He should go there play the game and the come back. Doing solo Liverpool media clips while he’s manager of another club is strange.

You don’t agree, that’s fine but seems like others feel like me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You don’t agree, that’s fine but seems like others feel like me.

yeah and i find it quite pathetic to be honest....from people who are normally quite rational like yourself!

but sure, each to his own. just an odd thing to be annoyed about IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I don’t really mind this.

But theoretically, if we played Liverpool and somehow managed to beat them, he probably wouldn’t celebrate at all. That would piss me off a little.

I couldn’t care less about his charity appearance but I want him to go mental when we score against them.

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Come on... 

He's knocking round melwood as part of a charity event, he's there to play for Liverpool legends, in Liverpool gear, a TV crew pulls up and says give us a few words stevie and you want him to say hang a minute lads just let me cover up the Liverpool tracksuit I'm in so that villa fans aren't offended? 

Nonsense, means nothing 

He’s the Aston villa manager, there’s no issue with him playing in a charity match. But he doesn’t have to give an interview and especially not in the jersey. It’s about the optics.

And let’s not kid ourselves, that wasn’t some random tv crew it was liverplop.
That you try to dismiss it by making it some random tv crew which just happens to roll up out of nowhere, says everything.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

He’s the Aston villa manager, there’s no issue with him playing in a charity match. But he doesn’t have to give an interview and especially not in the jersey. It’s about the optics.

And let’s not kid ourselves, that wasn’t some random tv crew it was liverplop.
That you try to dismiss it by making it some random tv crew which just happens to roll up out of nowhere, says everything.

What optics? 

He's a Liverpool fan, he's an ex Liverpool player, he's in Liverpool tonight because he's playing for them tomorrow... Why should shock or disgust anyone that he's wearing a Liverpool shirt? 

After the game tomorrow do you want him to get changed before he does any interviews? Or are you going whole hog and expecting him to stick black tape over the badge of the shirt? 

Its only a problem if you're desperately looking for one, there's sticks to beat him with but this ain't one of them 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What optics? 

He's a Liverpool fan, he's an ex Liverpool player, he's in Liverpool tonight because he's playing for them tomorrow... Why should shock or disgust anyone that he's wearing a Liverpool shirt? 

After the game tomorrow do you want him to get changed before he does any interviews? Or are you going whole hog and expecting him to stick black tape over the badge of the shirt? 

Its only a problem if you're desperately looking for one, there's sticks to beat him with but this ain't one of them 

The only issue for me is he should probably be back at the training ground as we have 8 or 9 players not on international duty and can probably find a solution to our dreadful performance last week

59 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Don't mind this so much. Still more worried about that stupid narrow formation.

Seriously. While he's there maybe he can get a couple pointers from Klopp as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I know for a good cause but this doesn’t sit right with me at all.  I don’t know whether I’m a bad person for thinking/feeling that or whether that’s ok.

It's nothing. Tbf to him he's been pretty clear where his ambitions/loyalties lie.

It’s weird how some people get high and mighty dismissing some of us.  Some thought this media clip was not quite the right thing to do and some thought those who thought that was off the mark (obviously they expressed themselves with words like dumb etc).  

As the original poster it hit a nerve with me hence why I posted and I said I felt bad for feeling that but that’s not because I dislike Gerrard, it’s not because it’s dumb, it’s not because I don’t understand his connection with Liverpool.  It’s just one of those things that didn’t seem clever by him to me.  Of course play the match, raise some money but the LFC media clip, in the gear as a primary clip seemed too in your face, as was commented on in the Twitter replies.

It seems half agreed with me on here and half didn’t, which is fine.  It’s not a controversy, it’s not a mark against him, it’s just a bit off the mark for me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Seriously. While he's there maybe he can get a couple pointers from Klopp as well. 

probably get the Eddie Howe treatment and come back with some duds in the summer like Origi 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What optics? 

excuse...excuse....excuse...excuse

Hes currently the Villa Manager. I don't care if he wears Liverplop PJ's and undies at home.

And no i'm not desperately looking for anything. I commented on another members post, i didnt have a problem except for the jumper.

Also not sure where the stick to beat him with comes from either, I'm a Gerrard supporter have copped rubbish like others from other members who want him gone.

Having worked for professional sporting clubs, optics is everything, especially when it comes down to sponsorship etc. it's one thing giving an interview after a match, its another giving a short message dressed in their kit at their training ground for the club who no longer employee him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Well, there's a lot of things to give a shit about. Gerrard wearing a Liverpool kit isn't one of them. 

Yep I be more worried when we play Liverpool in the next few weeks and roll over again. 

Im not expecting another 7-2 but hopefully give them a game this time 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â