Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

52 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think it will be a dark day when we are scared of playing Palace! 

Having seen some of our disgraceful away performances against teams around us over the last few years, it's doesn't take much to strike fear into me when it comes to an away game!

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Having seen some of our disgraceful away performances against teams around us over the last few years, it's doesn't take much to strike fear into me when it comes to an away game!

And Palace look a much better team this season than they have in quite a few years

27 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

And Palace look a much better team this season than they have in quite a few years

To be fair, that's what happens when you no longer have a dinosaur managing your team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah, but how many new players do they have? The were the only team in the PL that had to rebuild last summer

8 of the starters on Saturday played last season for them 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I think people who use these lazy terms like “novice” and “rookie” to describe Gerrard are overlooking the wealth of experience he brings with his coaching team, one that has worked together successfully for three years at another club.

Sticking to facts not tropes, could you highlight any aspects of Saturday’s performance that illustrated this “novice” status?

Lazy?  Really, he is less than three years into management, he is learning it (last time I checked, this thread was Steven Gerrard, not Steven Gerrards coaching team?)

As for Saturday, it was a good start (for the umpteenth time), just to remind you, Remi Garde’s first game was equally if not more impressive yet most laud him as an abject failure. 

Lazy or not, it’s early days, promising signs but still a way to go (BTW that has nothing to do with any “agenda”!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Lazy?  Really, he is less than three years into management, he is learning it (last time I checked, this thread was Steven Gerrard, not Steven Gerrards coaching team?)

As for Saturday, it was a good start (for the umpteenth time), just to remind you, Remi Garde’s first game was equally if not more impressive yet most laud him as an abject failure. 

Lazy or not, it’s early days, promising signs but still a way to go (BTW that has nothing to do with any “agenda”!)

Experience is so overrated.

Either you are good or you're not.

Pep went straight out of youth coaching to become a serial winner.

You could give Bruce 1000 more games. You could give Smith 1000 more games. They won't become elite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Experience is so overrated.

Either you are good or you're not.

Pep went straight out of youth coaching to become a serial winner.

You could give Bruce 1000 more games. You could give Smith 1000 more games. They won't become elite.

I never agree with you but I have to on this occasion not so much that experience is over rated but More so the fact that you don’t need to manage 1000 + games to be a capable manager, Gerrard has been coaching since 2017 has been surrounded by good managers his entire career.

Having just watched the pitchside video on the app I've noticed a couple of things.

1) Pre match, the players who seemed to be walking around on their own, very noticeable

2) During game, the way Gerrard and his staff were encouraging the players, applauding close calls and good moves

3) The way Gerrard reacted to the goals, you can't fake that, that is determination

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s clear to see there’s been a change, wether you want to see it or not is up to you 

Don't be silly, It's far too early to judge. We all want it to work out but time will tell whether it will or not. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't be silly, It's far too early to judge. We all want it to work out but time will tell whether it will or not. 

Silly? My reply was to your comment that we have the same tactics and philosophy that we’ve had for a while. We clearly had different tactics on Saturday, and it might be too early to talk about our philosophy but it’s been made clear that things have been made more intense for the players, and evidently so based on the stats. Gerrards success is irrelevant to my comment 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â