Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

With respect, you obviously don't work a corporate job.

I'm sure there's nothing cool about PowerPoint in the wider world, but in every company I've worked at, the Execs are beholden to it.

Also any of the major professional services firms - I'm talking Deloitte, PwC, KPMG etc - are all obsessed with 'slide decks' as they call them. All done on PowerPoint.

Don't even get me started on Excel!

What I would really like to see is slippy G's presentation - I imagine he sat there speaking what was written on the slide Purslow had read within 3 seconds of it appearing. I have so many questions, did he use animated transitions between slides, did he try to embed video only to find the video file wasn't in the same folder, did he maintain consistent fonts!!!! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Because Aston Villa isn't attractive enough a prospect to managers with a higher pedigree than those 4.

I mean that's bollocks... There aren't too many better jobs in this league, and lots of coaches that want to have a go at the Premier League. 

Favre, Fonseca etc.

Leeds got Bielsa in the Championship, Everton Ancelotti, I think the truth of the matter is that we were too narrow minded in approach and didn't dig enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody hell some fans really are against this appointment are they? He better hit the ground running because the pitchforks are already out before the first game.

Yeah but what is your view on microsoft charging a monthly fee to access MS office instead of selling a CD?

• Haha 2

Love the way Gerrard kept re-emphasising how quickly he had to make up his mind as he only received the call on Wednesday or whenever it was. 
Absolute codswallop. This move has been a long time in the making. 

Anyway, onto the manager himself. Talk is cheap, let's see if he can do it out there on the pitch. I'm fully behind him but he is gonna have one helluva shock when he realises none of our central midfielders are comfortable with the ball at their feet. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

I'm really excited to see what Gerrard can do. I think the fact that Smith lost a big chunk of his backroom team, which have been with him from the start, cannot be overlooked. Gerrard is bringing his backroom team with him, and I think this is crucial. They already know how each other work most effectively, and they will all share the same vision that Gerrard wants to implement going forward.

It might be a bumpy ride to start with but with a decent January we could kick on quite a bit next year. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Love the way Gerrard kept re-emphasising how quickly he had to make up his mind as he only received the call on Wednesday or whenever it was. 
Absolute codswallop. This move has been a long time in the making. 

Anyway, onto the manager himself. Talk is cheap, let's see if he can do it out there on the pitch. I'm fully behind him but he is gonna have one helluva shock when he realises none of our central midfielders are comfortable with the ball at their feet. 

To be fair if they say anything else it would bit disrespectful to Smith.   He can’t really say they wanted me for a while but had to wait for Smith to **** up enough first.

Maybe that’s what him and Purslow want to avoid? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Lampard clearly just repeated the text written on his PowerPoint slides, while everyone in the meeting sat there thinking:

'FFS i can read the slides, there's no need to read the text out'

lampard probably just listed the problems at villa with no clear solutions.

i can see gerrard RAG rating each aspect of the villa team and including a clear path to green for any amber and red items

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair if they say anything else it would bit disrespectful to Smith.   He can’t really say they wanted me for a while but had to wait for Smith to **** up enough first.

Maybe that’s what him and Purslow want to avoid? 

No, I agree, I just think the fact it seems to be mentioned a lot gives the game away. 

47 minutes ago, Dale said:

I mean that's bollocks... There aren't too many better jobs in this league, and lots of coaches that want to have a go at the Premier League. 

Favre, Fonseca etc.

Leeds got Bielsa in the Championship, Everton Ancelotti, I think the truth of the matter is that we were too narrow minded in approach and didn't dig enough. 

Finance may have contributed to the type of manager we were after. The Ancelotti type manager would be circa 15m a year and our budget appears to be in the 5m a year range.

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Finance may have contributed to the type of manager we were after. The Ancelotti type manager would be circa 15m a year and our budget appears to be in the 5m a year range.

I imagine the budget for the manager is limitless tbh. It's about getting the right manager, who wants to come here and who fits their philosophy. You think if Klopp became available for 20m a year they wouldn't bring him in? Of course they would. 

There is a huge amount of comments on here about the selection process and the conspiracy of Purslow being disingenuous with the facts as he wanted to get 'his mate' in to Villa Park. Purslow is the CEO and the Head Coach reports directly into the CEO. Purslow will be measured and rewarded based on success at Aston Villa. It is in Purslow's best interest to get the best man possible to be our Head Coach. Perhaps our CEO actually believes that Steven Gerrard is the best man to take Villa forward and he did everything he could do as CEO of Villa to get that man as our Head Coach. That is the way I would like to see our CEO operate.

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

There is a huge amount of comments on here about the selection process and the conspiracy of Purslow being disingenuous with the facts as he wanted to get 'his mate' in to Villa Park. Purslow is the CEO and the Head Coach reports directly into the CEO. Purslow will be measured and rewarded based on success at Aston Villa. It is in Purslow's best interest to get the best man possible to be our Head Coach. Perhaps our CEO actually believes that Steven Gerrard is the best man to take Villa forward and he did everything he could do as CEO of Villa to get that man as our Head Coach. That is the way I would like to see our CEO operate.

i don't doubt this to be the case.

i just call BS to the whole 'list of 20 candidates' rubbish

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine the budget for the manager is limitless tbh. It's about getting the right manager, who wants to come here and who fits their philosophy. You think if Klopp became available for 20m a year they wouldn't bring him in? Of course they would. 

I would doubt it is limitless, we need to be careful of FFP and we need to consider the total potential cost and particularly so if it didn't work out. Sacking someone on 15m a year can be very costly and then u have to replace him too. But I do agree with the principle, we should not be penny pinching with the manager and should go all out to pay as high a salary as our finances will allow

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â