Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

14 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

My original reply to this has disappeared for some reason. 

At the end of the day Mr Gerrard has had 50000 scousers singing his name and 75000 cockneys calling him a c***. I don't think a presser will worry him too much, prob not nice having ya boss in there too though 

Guess it's a different pressure though. Public speaking has always been a major trigger for imposter syndrome with me, but I can actually get out there and do the job I've been talking about assertively and (finger's crossed) to a decent standard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I haven’t seen it but Rangers fans crowing that he looks like he knows he’s made a mistake and looks miserable. Was it that bad? 

I thought he was nervous but quite cheery in Gerrard standards he smiled alot.

They will take what they want to take from because they are words removed.

I do not think Gerrard CP or the antichrist were nervous, they looked out at who was asking the questions/reporting and deduced that the majority of their answers would be twisted and bullshitted in to some bollox media agenda, our boys were suspicious and careful, not nervous.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I do not think Gerrard CP or the antichrist were nervous, they looked out at who was asking the questions/reporting and deduced that the majority of their answers would be twisted and bullshitted in to some bollox media agenda, our boys were suspicious and careful, not nervous.

That's a fair point, it may have been caution. difficult to tell. Thought the questions had a clear agenda myself, largely centring around a certain club off the M6 who play in red. 

50 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He looked like he was sweating buckets and his voice was a bit quivery.  Hopefully he is a bit more assertive in front of the players so he can get his winner's mentality across to them.

He came across, like in the introductory interview on Monday, as a very focused, serious, determined manager, prepared to set high standards and back himself and his teams to meet them.

I don’t think you need have any worries about his standing with the players.

Not sure where you picked up the idea that he was sweating or had a quivery voice.

• Like 1

First thing I hope to see is a stop to our telegraphed kick off tactic of passing it back to the midfield, and then lumping it toward the corner flag like we trying to gain ground in a rugby match.

In fact, I hope we only resort to lumping it forward when absolutely necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

First thing I hope to see is a stop to our telegraphed kick off tactic of passing it back to the midfield, and then lumping it toward the corner flag like we trying to gain ground in a rugby match.

In fact, I hope we only resort to lumping it forward when absolutely necessary.

Yeah. I have never ever understood teams doing that.

• Like 2

Thought he came across as very serious and sincere with a lot of focus. Doesn’t want to run his mouth off, trying to be honest and respectful to everyone involved in this change. Good job imo. It’s all pretty exciting now, looking forward to see how we evolve. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â