Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think there is something you are missing and clearly frustrated by it.

Some of us Nick are clearly excited by the prospect of a winning mentality, being instilled in to us and all the ingredients that go with it....now that can take time...but when the man leading us, clearly has it, there is a good chance he can mould it in to the team....it will probably necessitate changes to personnel, but I will be amazed, if at some stage, it doesn't happen.

You don't have to make fun of the folk, who can see something, you can't, thats what juvenile is.

you see that bolded line baffles me, because his persona, mentality and drive tells us everything....let those that can see, have their moment in the sun......you could well catch up in time.

Well you took that the wrong way!!!

I meant press conferences generally, they never tell you anything.  Doesnt matter who it is or whether it's their 1st, 10th or 50th.

You don't have to make fun of the folk, who can see something, you can't, thats what juvenile is.

I didnt make fun!

Just now, Pelle said:

I have to say that this appointment feels better and better. I just hope that he gives some of our youth players a chance. If they're good enough, but I think we have a few gems there. JPB, Carney, Archer and that small ginger guy in the midfield can go somewhere.

As always with a new manager after a bad run it will be exciting to see which team he picks. I read here and there that a few wants Mings to be stripped of the captaincy. I think they will get disappointed.

I can guarantee that there will always be some on here that will be disappointed and vocally grumpy about it. This is VT after all mate :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I haven’t seen it but Rangers fans crowing that he looks like he knows he’s made a mistake and looks miserable. Was it that bad? 

Crikey, they sound like they are Baggies level obsessed.  Fancy taking the time out of your day to watch an ex managers press conference?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Crikey, they sound like they are Baggies level obsessed.  Fancy taking the time out of your day to watch an ex managers press conference?

giphy.gif

Exactly. I wish Dean Smith well but I’m never going to watch a press conference or an interview with him ever again! Got better things to do

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Exactly. I wish Dean Smith well but I’m never going to watch a press conference or an interview with him ever again! Got better things to do

We saw videos of a Glaswegian literally punching a cardboard cutout of him as hard as he could before taunting it to get up. I'm surprised you're surprised.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Nick....Let me just say this.

For all my thoughts on Aston Villa.....This is the type of man in terms of his attitude, that I feel is right to take us forward....for all the things, that I felt was missing, I feel he can bridge that gap.

I could be wrong, it could blow up in my face.....but I feel so sure its right, I am prepared to put my balls on the line.....How long before we see real change? I don't know.

My gut tells me this is right and I will go with it.

Fair enough! I was just surprised! 

When Dean was sacked I wouldn't have even thought Gerrard would've been on their list. 

He was fantastic as a player and doing decent up at Rangers and really getting some experience under his belt but I never dreamed he would be in thoughts of our Management/Owners, never mind consideration and then to get his job. 

I understand the connection then because of the Purslow links and the the man Gerrard is but just thought he was an outsider and a sloppy link because again of the Purslow link. 

I havent meant to make fun of anybody generally (well apart from the boy band fandom post the other day but that was more about that post than Gerrard or you generally). I'm hoping for really big things from Gerrard and hope he gets this team playing like he did. 

I obviously have reservations, which he proves wrong and I hope he does. 

I honestly have no clue where your excitement comes from for this appointment and I'm jealous because I need that lift. 

The good thing I suppose I have is that I have a low bar expectation now so he should be able to clear that with ease so I should be happy whatever happens and as we know from past history over the years, I'm likely to be defending him to the hilt in a couple of years time over most people in our usual 3 year cycle and then gutted when he leaves and people will comment that I was following Gerrard whatever he does.  The typical life as a Villa fan, or I should say my life as a Villa fan.

Been a bizarre time, I didnt think Grealish would leave, I didnt think Smith would be sacked and I didnt think Gerrard would be appointed.  I'm generally fairly spot on with these things but the last six months I have been well off so your probably right about Gerrard being perfect for us than trusting me given my recent history.  Although given the fever of Gerrard being the favourite I did get odds of 1.91 at PaddyPower so surprisingly I made some cash on it.  I thought it was money down the drain but that was a nice surprise.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure that’s true. Thought you had to pay the £30 Villa tv subscription. Can you watch it without that?

I just had to log on and I could watch it. The membership must include Villa TV+ then. 

Having watched it all now, I have to say Mr Gerrard comes across very well and I'm looking forward to what's coming.

Purslow looked like he has the weight of the universe on his shoulders and Lange looks like a frightened rabbit who doesn't do much press stuff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I just had to log on and I could watch it. The membership must include Villa TV+ then. 

Having watched it all now, I have to say Mr Gerrard comes across very well and I'm looking forward to what's coming.

Purslow looked like he has the weight of the universe on his shoulders and Lange looks like a frightened rabbit who doesn't do much press stuff

I thought they all looked like they were crapping themselves, which merely indicates that they are sane. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The decision has been made and he has said all the right things so far. We have to back him and the team on Saturday to hopefully get the 3 points.

I dont think anybody would not.  When it's game day, I would imagine every Villa fan backs us 100% dont they, it's a football tribal thing that people put their differences aside and all come together and support the team and management 100% to get the three points.  I would assume almost all as well back Gerrard generally, some like myself have reservations but still back him because he's here and he's our manager.

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

He looked like he was sweating buckets and his voice was a bit quivery.  Hopefully he is a bit more assertive in front of the players so he can get his winner's mentality across to them.

guess you watched the Sky cut? going from what others have said here the full presser was a little more jovial than that chosen segment.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I dont think anybody would not.  When it's game day, I would imagine every Villa fan backs us 100% dont they, it's a football tribal thing that people put their differences aside and all come together and support the team and management 100% to get the three points.  I would assume almost all as well back Gerrard generally, some like myself have reservations but still back him because he's here and he's our manager.

I would hope not at least XD. but people are people and sometimes egos are more important than anything else.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

He looked like he was sweating buckets and his voice was a bit quivery.  Hopefully he is a bit more assertive in front of the players so he can get his winner's mentality across to them.

I feel for him, it's a step up, and I dont care what people say, this is the PL, this is more spot light, a bigger job, replacing a loved manager and the pressure is on.  I think he did well and he'll be fine with the players because that is a different skillset.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I would hope not at least XD. but people are people and sometimes egos are more important than anything else.

Yeah true.  I just want Saturday to come now and football is back, I hate international breaks and this has been a tough one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I thought they all looked like they were crapping themselves, which merely indicates that they are sane. 

My original reply to this has disappeared for some reason. 

At the end of the day Mr Gerrard has had 50000 scousers singing his name and 75000 cockneys calling him a c***. I don't think a presser will worry him too much, prob not nice having ya boss in there too though 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â