Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Gerrard was a bit like Robson in that in his peak years he carried a often good but inconsistent side that didn't win the title, but won cup trophies.

Good omens for management then 😁

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's mostly because he's from Liverpool. If Jack did for us what he did in Istanbul, or against West Ham in the FA Cup final, he'd have a ring of statues around VP.

For some reason I remember him moved to right back in Istanbul at half time and inspire the team to victory from that position. 

That did that really happen?

There are some similarities between Gerrard and McGinn.

Obviously Gerrard was levels above generally, but both all action midfielders, and as good as Gerrard was, he didn't excel in intricate play either.

Let's see what he can do with him.

• Like 3

I wonder if Steven Gerrard knows who Ron Saunders is?

He'd have been 7 when Ron retired and just 1 when we won the title under him. 

Hopefully Tommy Jordan from the Villa press office and a couple of the old heads around the place will give him a bit of a Villa history lesson.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

My colleague nearly ran him over early this morning.In Formby. Had to slam his breaks on . Apparently hes an arrogant tnuc who doesnt know the green cross code.! 

Yes but now he’s our arrogant tnuc who doesn’t know the green cross code.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hopefully Tommy Jordan from the Villa press office and a couple of the old heads around the place will give him a bit of a Villa history lesson.

I would seriously doubt it. He would probably know we won the league and european cup in the 80s and were a force in the game up to the late 90s but I am not expecting him to be a football historian.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

His mate Carra would, that man’s like a sponge regarding that era of football 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

There are some similarities between Gerrard and McGinn.

Obviously Gerrard was levels above generally, but both all action midfielders, and as good as Gerrard was, he didn't excel in intricate play either.

Let's see what he can do with him.

Expect to see Mcginn diving all over the place and running up to referee every 30 seconds then.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would doubt it. Everything football apart from Liverpool will have been erased from his memory at a very early age.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

My colleague nearly ran him over early this morning.In Formby. Had to slam his breaks on . Apparently hes an arrogant tnuc who doesnt know the green cross code.! 

Your colleague needs a serious telling off.😃

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Presumably your colleague was in some sort of boat as Steven Gerrard walks on water?

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â