Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Please God, no more Stevie G. He is our manager now, not some daft amateur who has come in to manage the club, and that just sounds disrespectful.

I always refer to managers, staff, owners, players by their surname anyway.

It is probably my age, but I never call anyone whom I don't know personally by their christian name.

Hell, we called our last manager "Deano" lovingly for the past 3 seasons and I don't recall a single person getting bent out of shape over it...  I don't see why it's such a big deal when applied to Gerrard now.  

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Here is a transcript for the next press conference:

*Media* : Steven, this is obviously a big challenge and a big change from managing in the SPL

*Gerrard* : yeah course, Aston Villa is a massive club and we look forward to the new environment. I know some of the boys here and I'm greatful for the challange at Rangers.

*Media* : what do you make of Brighton?

*Gerrard* : they are a good team, Graham has done a great job there, but we have a good team and I'm confident in our ability

*Media* : are all the players healthy?

*Gerrard* : once everyone is back in training we will assess the fitness, some of them played internationally so we will see where we stand.

you are welcome.

You dont know the English media very well. Unless Gerrard or the press officer puts a stop to it the first 20 questions will be about Liverpool from how is Klopp doing to how difficult is Liverpool opponents this weekend

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Mate fully on your side here. So many on VillaTalk just suddenly go for the jugular and get really pissy for no reason. Really don’t get it but I guess some people love to be confrontational. 

Ned Flanders - Album on Imgur

:trollface:

Edited by sne
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Mate fully on your side here. So many on VillaTalk just suddenly go for the jugular and get really pissy for no reason. Really don’t get it but I guess some people love to be confrontational. 

I don't usually post in On Topic but I did think the responses were a bit bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

What the hell is it with the defensive shit. You guys trolling for an argument or something?

We were all talking about a tuesday presser over the weekend, I was merely asking after it. There is no need to go off on one. 

Silly bollocks? Up yours pal. 

I can’t speak for the other guy but yes, yes I was. 

Though I’ve just heard the news there will be one this Thursday and I’m proper made up for you pal x

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Sorry but that’s silly bollocks. He had an interview, we heard plenty, he’s  got to work and wants to get his head down. We don’t need the assembled media, Gerrard, Purslow, and Lange in formal wear for a glorified PR stunt. 

Would be nice though.

42 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Which is all fine, except I only asked when the press conference was because we'd been told there was one. At no point did I argue for or against the merits of one, other than to say that I generally want to hear more from Gerrard, which I would imagine at some point we all do. 

I wasn't directing my point at you but just in general.

35 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Christ, I'm done with this now. Forget I ever mentioned it. I'm being cross examined about a throw away comment. 

It was being discussed on here over the weekend, by a number of people. I don't know where they got it from. I know nothing else about it. I was asking, because I know nothing else about it, but some on here appeared to. 

I honestly don't care enough about it to carry on. 

I asked about the presser earlier and just got ignored. At least you got a response :)

• Haha 1

On 15/11/2021 at 16:15, nick76 said:

Hmmm tell that to a lot on here during the Smith time.  If they can support 100% during games and question off game, surely I can have the same thing of being able to do the same if I’m not sure for Gerrard?

fair comment.

have we become chameleons?

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh!

are you the site spokes person?

Oh God no, I do not want to be associated with some of the whingers and chancers  here.

Only joking with you anyway TRO, always like your posts 👍

• Thanks 1

Still kind of surreal that he's our coach. Imagine telling yourself 5 years ago that Gerrard would be the coach of Aston Villa. Actually, I don't think it would be too much of a shock, once you glance over at Eric Black in the dugout.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â