Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

48 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The press conference. 

I'm happy with what I heard, but a formal press conference will be more in depth than a 12 minute video. 

Other than that, it was mentioned that it would be today, so I was wondering when it was. 

It sounds to me like you've never listened to a press conference before, but you have your desires and who am I to argue with them. I sincerely hope you get your wish. 

• Haha 2

Do they still do formal press conferences? Its usually in house for various media outlets to quote verbatim.  Newspapers don't have the staff anymore to go to a football training ground and ask non screened questions.

The last time I remember we had a proper new manager press conference with a table and everything was probably O'Neill.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Does anyone else find it slightly surreal to see Steven Gerrard at BMH. 

Steven Gerrard. He's like proper famous and ting.

Except we got him 15 years too late...  Typical Villa, once again...  🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Or can we also investigate the use of.....Wowsa?! On the basis that toddlers should not be posting on this forum. 

Sorry, was just trying to get down to the level of the post I was commenting on. 

Edited by briny_ear

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm not quite sure why @HKP90 is getting grief for wanting to see how Gerrard fares in an actual press conference and not an in-house interview? I'm kind of intrigued myself.

What about the pre match presser on Fri? He's already addressed Villa fans. Who cares what the general public think now the die is cast. I'm not sure there would be that much to say that already hasn't been said anyway, especially when he has so little time with the squad to assess or feedback. I think the breather is good for him and his team. I'd rather they concentrate on Sat than media nonsense asking the same shit questions. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Which is all fine, except I only asked when the press conference was because we'd been told there was one. At no point did I argue for or against the merits of one, other than to say that I generally want to hear more from Gerrard, which I would imagine at some point we all do. 

Do you have evidence that they said that they would hold a press conference? 

Please God, no more Stevie G. He is our manager now, not some daft amateur who has come in to manage the club, and that just sounds disrespectful.

I always refer to managers, staff, owners, players by their surname anyway.

It is probably my age, but I never call anyone whom I don't know personally by their christian name.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What about the pre match presser on Fri? He's already addressed Villa fans. Who cares what the general public think now the die is cast. I'm not sure there would be that much to say that already hasn't been said anyway, especially when he has so little time with the squad to assess or feedback. I think the breather is good for him and his team. I'd rather they concentrate on Sat than media nonsense asking the same shit questions. 

He addressed the Villa fans through the clubs in house channel. The questions were obviously pre-prepared and he was given time to practice the answers. The club arent going to post a hard hitting interview. 

I doubt Sunderland let Keane go completely mad on the in house channel for example

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Christ, I'm done with this now. Forget I ever mentioned it. I'm being cross examined about a throw away comment. 

It was being discussed on here over the weekend, by a number of people. I don't know where they got it from. I know nothing else about it. I was asking, because I know nothing else about it, but some on here appeared to. 

I honestly don't care enough about it to carry on. 

Alright calm down, calm down.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He addressed the Villa fans through the clubs in house channel. The questions were obviously pre-prepared and he was given time to practice the answers. The club arent going to post a hard hitting interview. 

I doubt Sunderland let Keane go completely mad on the in house channel for example

And it was more than enough. There’ll be enough chances for questions in the pre match press conference 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â