Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He’s right though. The spaces in particular are an issue. They are all way too far apart when passing to each other, easy to get pressed because you don’t have a near out ball. 

This is key… well pointed out. Must address it and have faith he will. We have looked lost in midfield most of all.

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

What a first interview. He is so focused and determined. I love the fact that he said we will be aggressive which is something we have really lacked in recent times. I also love the fact that he says there are no excuses for underperforming.

If you are still not sure about Gerrard then please go and watch the interview. I am so excited now. Roll on Saturday!

spacer.png

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Next five are Brighton, Palace, Man City, Leicester and Liverpool…it’s not inconceivable is it given our current form.

Smith may have gone but it’s still the same bunch of players that are one of the worst performing teams of 2021. Yes Smith gets the blame for that and did by losing his job but still the same players there that helped that, they aren’t suddenly going to be great.

it's not the first time a manager has had a bounce.....I think our players, are better, than what they have shown....why have they dipped, is a 64 million dollar question.... We all have our thoughts on that.

If you choose to look at the next 6 games, instead of each game as it comes....its looks daunting, granted.....but we have to address each game individually and hope that we can get some improvement game on game.....Its possible IMV

Its the same bunch of players, but I am hoping a mentality shift, is possible.....they don't have to be great, they just need some help to get some points, I think its possible.

We are not going to be able to bring in new faces, so his only chance, is to change or improve the mentality, until the window opens and he can do more.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Agreed but there's a very fine line to be tread between what you're referring to here and Tim Sherwood territory - where he was utterly convinced that he was the greatest manager there ever was and would be nothing but successful here.

I think 28 games at Spurs and nearly 200 games at Rangers, is a bit of a difference.....don't you think?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Press after you pass. I like that, too many of our lot arent moving; just stand and admire after they make a pass. Hopefully we’ll see plenty of options when attacking in posession now; under Deano the man on the ball always looked so isolated. We’ve been pretty poor for a while in posession. We definitely needed a change in direction the more you think about it.

Seriously though, why would a professional footballer need to be told this stuff? It makes no sense to me, it's all so obvious.

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Seriously though, why would a professional footballer need to be told this stuff? It makes no sense to me, it's all so obvious.

Comfort zones? Lazyness? Something has been very wrong with application in that 5 game losing streak. But I agree, it does seem like basics; big wake up call needed for so many. Hopefully the new regime wont allow for any slacking off now. That Arsenal first half and Soton first half was unacceptable 

• Like 3

While I'm not subscribing to the idea that Villa under smith was like this ⬇️ and that Villa under Gerrard will be like this ⬇️ I am looking forward to see if we can get some more structure, clear lines and movement patters once Gerrard and his coaches has enough time to put their mark on the team.

Best London Silly Nannies GIFs | Gfycat        Full Metal Jacket GIFs | Tenor

We looked like we'd ran out of ideas towards the end and it clearly wasn't working. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That training footage 😯

Intense. 

Was gonna say looked intense from the get go, chatting to players, getting them to press. Also looked like Gerrard was gagging to get on the pitch and show them how to do it.

Couldn't help thinking while watching (how much I hate to say it) he was a fantastic player to be fair.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Was gonna say looked intense from the get go, chatting to players, getting them to press. Also looked like Gerrard was gagging to get on the pitch and show them how to do it.

Couldn't help thinking while watching (how much I hate to say it) he was a fantastic player to be fair.

I have been watching his England goals (still can’t quite bring myself to watch Liverpool yet), and he couldn’t half strike a ball.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â