Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I feel like we’ve got a manager on an upward trajectory rather than on the downward spin. Aside from Dean, many of our other recent managers all had that downward spin to them

It isn't just Gerrard though. Got a quality coaching staff helping him.

I think it is minimizing the risk. These guys know exactly what they want and how they are gonna do it.

The assistant coaches are highly underrated in football. Look what happened to Smith after ROK and JT left.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think it is minimizing the risk. These guys know exactly what they want and how they are gonna do it.

The assistant coaches are highly underrated in football. Look what happened to Smith after ROK and JT left.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

underrated in football. Look what happened to Smith after ROK and JT left.

I still wonder about the circumstances of ROK’s departure. Perhaps I’m seeing a conspiracy where there isn’t one, but I assume that he didn’t gel with Shakespeare.

Getting the back room right is key. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I still wonder about the circumstances of ROK’s departure. Perhaps I’m seeing a conspiracy where there isn’t one, but I assume that he didn’t gel with Shakespeare.

I dont think anything to do with Shakespeare. Danks and MacPhee seem to be club appointments and not Smith

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Brian Little was never the same once John Gregory left. I think Alun Evans left too. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Whilst club assistants are important I think people are over playing their lack of influence on this season.  We missed Jack and haven’t had a settled team since for one reason or another. That aside as mentioned by many we havent looked great for a while now. Fine margins in this league and unless your on it games can easily go either way.  

ROK and Terry leaving is just a case of Correlation not implying causation. 

Spurs and Everton are the only games we really deserved to win the second part of last season in my opinion. So the performances haven’t been great for a while. 

Gerrard had a big job on his hands 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

You know that bit in a villa match at villa park where we have just conceded a goal, the players have trudged back to the halfway line and the crowd have moaned and groaned and shouted their obscenities. Then, all of a sudden, just before we kick the ball to restart there's this amazing galvanising roar and deep passionate cries of "come on villa".

Well that's where I feel we are with the Gerrard appointment. Yes a lot of us don't like it, don't like what we've just seen, would have done it differently ourselves. But we are where we are and all we can do now is do what we need to do as villa fans and get behind the team and manager with all the fervour and passion that villa fans are famous for.

UTFV

Best way I’ve seen it explained so far 👏🏻

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My Brummie/Australian accent confuses people so nobody knows where I’m from.

Whenever i went to LA on business in the past everyone local thought i was an aussie. No one ever thought i was Engerlish and 100% brummie.

• Like 1

FI is a shite-peddler and no idea on Danny Mills but this is pretty accurate IMO.

“I’m not sure Gerrard is a big upgrade on Dean Smith,” Mills told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley.

“You’ve got a young manager who was a sensational player. It doesn’t always translate into management.

“He’s done a good job at Rangers. The first two seasons were OK and in the third season, he won the title and stopped Celtic. That’s also down to Celtic having a huge demise that season.

“I think it’s vitally important, and Villa fans should be delighted, his whole backroom team is coming.

“Michael Beale is a fantastic coach with a great reputation. Gary McAllister, part of that as well, he’s been there, seen it and done it at big clubs in the Premier League. There’s great experience coming with Steven Gerrard.

“He’s a stellar name, he’s ambitious with huge drive. But it’s still a bit of a gamble.”

https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-fans-should-be-delighted-as-gerrard-set-to-complete-four-deals-mills/

I just hope 'Stevie G' doesn't dismiss our academy and continues to blood them like Smith did.

I'm hopeful because he worked in the LFC academy so hopefully he will appreciate the work Delaney and co do. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â