Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Very happy about the appointment. A lot of potential for both parties. I’ve said from day one I think Gerrard will go on to be a successful manager. Whether he can bring silverware to Villa Park is yet to be seen. Rangers are a bigger club than Villa but he’s in the best league in the world now where every game is big and on view to the rest of the world . Good luck Steve .

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Very happy about the appointment. A lot of potential for both parties. I’ve said from day one I think Gerrard will go on to be a successful manager. Whether he can bring silverware to Villa Park is yet to be seen. Rangers are a bigger club than Villa but he’s in the best league in the world now where every game is big and on view to the rest of the world . Good luck Steve .

Rangers FC Value- £94.5m

Aston Villa Value-  £371.79m

43 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Starting to get really fed up with hearing "He will be off to Liverpool asap" really really really fed up now

Wouldn't a 100% of mangers out there take the Liverpool job if it was offered ? 

hasn't it occurred to these people that in 3 years time Salah will be past his best and can't carry liverpool anymore .. meanwhile Barry,  the Chuck brothers , the Ramsey brothers etc will just be laying the final foundations on our dominance of English football  .. 

Liverpool will seem like a step down in 3 years  :) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve read some opinions before, but…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

hasn't it occurred to these people that in 3 years time Salah will be past his best and can't carry liverpool anymore .. meanwhile Barry,  the Chuck brothers , the Ramsey brothers etc will just be laying the final foundations on our dominance of English football  .. 

Liverpool will seem like a step down in 3 years  :) 

Gerrard rejecting Liverpool in 3 or 4 years to stay with Villa for our Champions League campaign may help to get some of the anti Gerrard on side. Not all of them, but I think a few may start to support him a bit more

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Rangers FC Value- £94.5m

Aston Villa Value-  £371.79m

Globally, I'm pretty sure they have a bigger fanbase than we do.  Hell, Rangers had the only football supporters club in Detroit ~15 years ago when I started following the sport.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Globally, I'm pretty sure they have a bigger fanbase than we do.  Hell, Rangers had the only football supporters club in Detroit ~15 years ago when I started following the sport.  

And we have a supporters group in Ghana. There is no comparison on any metric other than they have a stadium with 10k more seats. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3

I know this is ture of almost every manager but he needs to hit the ground running. We need at least 3 points from the next 2 games to stop the rot. 

Will be interesting to see how he sets the side up. He prefers a 4-3-3 generally so no great change there. I think the midfield will be the real key. Does he go for 2 holding mids or 1? How does McGinn fit? And of course the Ings/ Watkins debate. 

14 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Some of these posts from Rangers fans are hilarious. 

I don't know what is more disturbing,the comments or the fact they have a life sized cardboard cutout of Gerrard in their house. It reminds me of Alan Partridge 's number one fan from Leeds. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Maybe a Korean fan can verify but I’m told he’s weirdly very popular amongst the ladies in Korea. Might be an angle there for some Korean support, and Korea is like the biggest deal right now 

Are you suggesting we bring out a Stevie G range of dildos?

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â