Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

There is nothing wrong with not wanting Gerrard as manager nor thinking he will be a failure. As you say, that shows you care. It is the people that are posting that they hope we lose games and that they hope he fails because they don't like Gerrard are the ones that are hard to fathom

Oh I agree pal as I said above as that is pretty extreme to want him to fail just because you dislike him. Same goes for any sports team you support. Hornets are my NBA team but I really dislike LeBron James. If they signed him would I want him to flop and be detrimental to the success of the team? Of course not. You can not like the guy and still hope he does well because it means your team is doing well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

And an army of football people who they can take advice from. Do you think the people who run companies such as Ford could actually make a car? Is the boss of ICI a chemist? Probably not. 

Do you think the CEO of Ford hires the engineers? Of the MD of ici hires the chemists? Do you think they give the job of head chemist to a chemist with only 3 years experience. Or lead car designer to an engineer that has only designed an exhaust system?

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Do you think the CEO of Ford hires the engineers? Of the MD of ici hires the chemists? Do you think they give the job of head chemist to a chemist with only 3 years experience. Or lead car designer to an engineer that has only designed an exhaust system?

This is nonsense though, the job he has been given at Aston Villa is the same as the one he has been doing for 3 years at Rangers.

So it's like the CEO of Ford hiring the lead car designer of Jaguar as a their own lead car designer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The incessant stepping stone narrative will be very tiring.

It will only be used if Gerrard is successful. If we are playing shyte and looking at relegation then people won't be saying it is a stepping stone. However, if we are competing for Europe and threatening the big boys established positions then we will be bombarded with it. 

I look forward to the day every other set of fans is saying it is a stepping stone :)

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The incessant stepping stone narrative will be very tiring.

tbh im trying not to care.

If he does so well with us that Liverpool is an option for him in 2.5 ish years, it will mean Villa are doing very well and will be a very enticing managerial position for many top level managers if Gerrard does leave.

If he doesnt do well, he prob wont get Liverpool, and we wouldnt be sad to see him go anyways.

2.5 years is a long time in management, Deano only just made it to 3 with us.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Should we only recruit players that have 15 years experience too? Over 35 year olds only? We should probably scrap the youth development too. None of them have any experience

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Sorry I was just trying to be rational with a simple but floored analogy. I realise my mistake now and won’t try to be rational again. I get you’re not convinced and recognise that there are two sides to the argument and SG could be good, bad or indifferent. You just seem convinced he can’t possibly be good because he hasn’t won anything at a top club or simply don’t like the bloke because he’s a Scouser or got sent off for a bad tackle when he was a kid or something or other. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

on the poll - define "success"

win things and get europe? its swimming against the tide no matter who we get in, the jump we're trying to make is absolutely **** huge

do i think he will get us CL? no, dont anyone will if im honest, the PL is ****

There can be only 1 official measure of success for Gerrard from this point on.  A single measure which will leave absolutely no one in any doubt that his time here has been an absolute triumph.

That is for @hippo to move from his current stance to common-or-garden hatred.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It will only be used if Gerrard is successful.

It won't, it doesn't matter how he's doing the media will always talk about him taking over at Liverpool. Even if we are doing badly it will be chalked down as a learning experience. He has plenty of friends in the media who won't criticize him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â