The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I love how the "Smith Out" crowd are all on their high horses now, telling the rest of us to grow up...  The irony is sickening...  

this thread is going to be iconic for cringe whoever we appoint. It’s a circular boring mess 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

1 out of 3, Neil Lennon won it 5 from 7 season 

Much higher percentage 😉

This is the sort of thing worrying me. No way would I take Lennon as I never felt he has the quality for the Premier League. But we are willing to take on Gerrard with far less experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Question for the doubters. What would he need to do to win you over?

Win games and not be a Liverpool fan first and Aston Villa manager second. Quite simple; I have doubts but he gets a chance to prove himself. Still hoping for someone else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's not had enough game time for an opinion to be formed. But in the last two games he's been atrocious. His sub appearances prior to that have been very positive. So a mixed bag so far

Yeah but Bailey has real pedigree and what he has shown in those moments was rather spectacular. Technique, touch, shooting, pace, dangerous crosses. He has lots of valuable qualities.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Talk about revisionist bullcrap.  Not once has anyone suggested "Klopp or GTFO" in the slightest in this thread.  Having to read page after page of the anti-Smithers droll on for over a year about how many "better" managers would leap at even the suggestion of managing Villa and now you're all ready to embrace Steven Gerrard for no reason other than "he's a winner"?  Unreal.  

Saints fans didn't want Poch and were upset Adkins was sacked