The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, Zatman said:

Small budget 😂😂😂 jermaine defoe signed from his 60k a week Bournemouth contract 

He came on a free transfer mate, it’s not like when we went down and we’re buying the whole championship. Yes Rangers have a small budget in relation to the Europa league. 

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

winning becomes a habit....that winners crave for......He's my type of guy.

I don't want the next manager to be my friend or say hello to me in the street.....I want someone to get my club to win games on a consistent level.

Absolutely 

26 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

What has Gerrard achieved in his limited managerial career thus far to suggest he will be right man for the job.

If you scroll through this entire thread there's a plethora of posts stating what Gerrard has done in his managerial career thus far.

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He came on a free transfer mate, it’s not like when we went down and we’re buying the whole championship. Yes Rangers have a small budget in relation to the Europa league. 

Posted 23 million losses the other day. Every other team in the league except Celtic budget combined is not near that sum

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If you scroll through this entire thread there's a plethora of posts stating what Gerrard has done in his managerial career thus far.

To be fair this thread is almost as long as his career so far, so it will almost be a real time review. 

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Eh?

He's been in charge of Rangers for 3 complete seasons and won the league once, and nothing else

I thought Rangers were relegated to bottom league and he won promotion every season finalizing with winning the league. I could be wrong, I have been known to be wrong before and cant be bothered to goggle it  too tired today :)

It's no coincidence that skybet's top 3 in the betting are the biggest names in the media's eyes, generates more action for them, would love it if we appoint someone that they aren't even giving a price on just to makes them look like the ***** they are.

Also, a tiny little bit of me hopes it's the favourite just because of the hit they'd take. 

**** Sky 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I thought Rangers were relegated to bottom league and he won promotion every season finalizing with winning the league. I could be wrong, I have been known to be wrong before and cant be bothered to goggle it  too tired today :)

No they have been in top flight since about 2016. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I suppose if you can do it on a rainy Tuesday in East Fife..........

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Posted 23 million losses the other day. Every other team in the league except Celtic budget combined is not near that sum

Except Celtic. Who they had an invincible season over last year and will likely win the league over this season again. I said a small budget and good results in the Europa league, and that point still stands. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Sorry I just don't agree with this at all. 

Lack of experience in a decent league, Scottish, Danish, wherever is absolutely a perfectly justifiable, rational and unemotional reason to have doubts about Gerrard. 

Most of the european names mentioned and discussed on here have got good records at good european leagues. 

I think Useless, has a very valid point...its the Liverpool thing that clouds some folks judgement....Its hate that consumes folk.

In contrast Jack has gone to City and his passion for Villa has just been, dismissed bu city fans.....they are just focused on having him play for them.

Steven Gerrard Carried Liverpool at times and was larger than life, he was born there, just like our Jack.....why should we be so insular, to not give a chance to a manager, who has took his winning mentality as a player in to management....John Terry, was never shy telling us of his love for Chelsea, but he soon gained a soft spot for us too.....Aston Villa is an easy club to gain affection for, its happened to so many, who have passed through the annals of this great old club.

Anyone who is so blind to just look at the Scottish League quality, and not see the monumental job of restoring Rangers pride and status, after their dramatic fall, astounds me.

We may not get Steven Gerrard, I don't think we will, because he has aligned himself for more silverware......but given the opportunity, we would be mad not to take it.

serial Winner, thats who he is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well, that sure means a lot. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Brian Little says 'hi'. 

Brian was bred in to it....He wasn't in his formative years, not like Jack, who went down as a kid.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It's no coincidence that skybet's top 3 in the betting are the biggest names in the media's eyes, generates more action for them, would love it if we appoint someone that they aren't even giving a price on just to makes them look like the ***** they are.

Also, a tiny little bit of me hopes it's the favourite just because of the hit they'd take. 

**** Sky 

Oh don't worry.  If it looks like they're going to take a hit expect to see new favorites emerge with plenty of stories across their media platforms to drive betting that way instead till they've got the books nice and balanced. 

• Like 1