The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

40 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've said all there is to say on the subject of Gerrard without starting to repeat myself.

So until the board make the announcement of the new coach...

UTGDyh8.gif

You have, the fact that most fail to share the enthusiasm of you and Eastie is quite telling.

Smacks of nepotism on Purslows part and a lack of direction and ambition by NWSE

• Like 2

Just now, samjp26 said:

From his time at Plop.

Purslow was at Liverpool with the objective of selling the club. He massively cut costs, sacked Rafa and got Woy in to steady the ship without spending money to reduce expenditure as it would be effectively dead money for the owners. Purslow put Gerrard's career on hold and probably cost him the chance to win the PL with Liverpool. I can't see any love in there

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think Nuno is being overlooked .Incredible rise from championship to Europa league in nearby team.

Yes football wasn’t free flowing but was very effective.To me he is a safe option with premier league experience

Relegation is a real possibility this season,Newcastle will invest heavily in January and Burnley always get out of it.Then your looking around,Watford and Norwich look weak but who else?Are we going to finish above Brighton,Palace ,Wolves doesn’t look like it.

Lets not forget Remi Garde.Highly regarded but also shit for us.

Nuno is too passive for the Villa remit. We need someone with a bit more of an edge.

14 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Bo Svensson anyone? Cut his teeth under both Klopp and Tuchel, doing a fine job at Mainz.

Mentioned him yesterday … was part of the red bull family and was lined up to move through their system before Mainz came calling. Not ready yet but worth keeping an eye on. 

15 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Purslow loves Stevie. It’s an obvious appointment but I don’t know if it’s the right one

Really?..? I thought it was well documented it's very much the opposite! 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Looking at the odds for our next manager the names haven't changed since Dean left and the odds are more or less the same. That tells me the bookies know as much as I do which is **** all

Bookies never know anything. It’s where the money goes. Having said that the odds drifted after I put my life savings on Fonseca.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bookies never know anything. It’s where the money goes. Having said that the odds drifted after I put my life savings on Fonseca.

I agree but they would react to the market and they would add new names or put some out to long odds. But there is no movement whatsoever which suggests they know less than they usually know