Christmas 2021

sidcow

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"Just nipping out the bins, Mrs M. Oh, nothing to concern you...". 

You could add "I might be some time" next time. 

Just to add a bit of historical gravitas and it is a friendly fore warning of possible trouble ahead depending on how cold it is outside,  clothing and ultimately the locations of the bins.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve just been to the shop, needed to get out of the house for a few minutes 

I had to go out earlier for the same reason. Needed fresh air and a change of scenery. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I had to go out earlier for the same reason. Needed fresh air and a change of scenery. 

Went for a 6km walk around Sofia old town. Sort of round in circles and then in a long arc following the tram line. Needed it after the, quite frankly, vulgar amount of pate I've consumed.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Went for a 6km walk around Sofia old town. Sort of round in circles and then in a long arc following the tram line. Needed it after the, quite frankly, vulgar amount of pate I've consumed.

I was forced out of the house at cakepoint today. Took a walk to the bottom of the hill and genuinely worried about getting back to the top of the hill.

I can definitely see me having waistband related issues on the return to work.

We went for a look at the jellyfish in the dock. 

spacer.png

You can’t see them in this photo. But they were there. Happy little jellyfish. Certainly a lot happier since me and the island gang have grown out of throwing stones at them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You can’t see them in this photo. But they were there. Happy little jellyfish. Certainly a lot happier since me and the island gang have grown out of throwing stones at them.

and Brexit of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I was forced out of the house at cakepoint today. Took a walk to the bottom of the hill and genuinely worried about getting back to the top of the hill.

I can definitely see me having waistband related issues on the return to work.

We went for a look at the jellyfish in the dock. 

spacer.png

The picture nicely captures the old industry and the new in the background - I think I prefer the old!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The picture nicely captures the old industry and the new in the background - I think I prefer the old!

I can genuinely say, I remember when all this was post industrial wasteland.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I can genuinely say, I remember when all this was post industrial wasteland.

I remember it full of steam trains waiting to be broken up. I have a distinct memory of going on a summer Miners Welfare trip to Barry Island Fair and persuading my Grandad that the train scrap yard would be more interesting and he agreed. Security in such places really wasn't what it would be today. Spent a couple of hours just wandering up and down lines of rusting locomotives, even climbing up into the cab of some of them. No-one challenged us and then we went back to the fair and had much less fun

You know all these Urban Explorers you get today, well that was me from about the age of 7. We regularly used to walk up the mountaim to a disused mine (Tower Number 2 iirc) The mine shaft was just open, it hadn't even been bricked up and there were plenty of other derelict industrial buildings to explore, they were our playgrounds and no one batted an eyelid. Even opposite my Grandads house was the remains of the old village station. I think I could still work out the complete layout of the building even now because I used to ask my Great Uncle all about it, he lived next door and was the Station Master until Beeching got his way

ANyway, thats got sod all to do with Xmas apart from Xmas would be one of those times that we'd do it

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

FInally scored some Bay Leaves, in Tesco, the fifth shop I visited. Pretty essential for a home made Lasagne which is what we're having tonight

We have a big **** off bay tree in the garden, so never need to buy them. 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Wish it was 200&bastard2

#christwe'reold

Happy New Year, remember to let the ghosts out or whatever shite Auld Lang Syne tells us.

Well I wish it was 197bastard2*, so how do you think I feel? 

I don't, really. 

• Haha 3