Christmas 2021

sidcow

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Kept on top of the tidying up much to the pleasure of the missus .  I’ll need to Hoover the whole house before I can settle later.  Sending kids up about 7.15 then we usually put an old black and white film on which the wife nods off to. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVyeKj1oZpt9la2oT53Dt

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Feeling guilty for being hungry again after the mountain of food earlier

Just starting on sandwiches,  pork pie and nibbles after our mountainous turkey dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's amazing how much food people can get though on Xmas day. To be though fair I'm just as bad!

Plenty of time in the New Year to start eating better...

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s what we had. Still dry as ****

Always wondered why that was, quick chat to my pal a couple of years ago, never cooked a dry Turkey since. Today we cooked on orange slices keep the juices flowing, when done wrap in foil and a few tea towels let it sweat for 20-30 minutes, hey presto.

Putting stuffing inside dries it out nicely, everyone does it, but not a good idea.

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s what we had. Still dry as ****

Cook it upside down with foil on, then right way up.

Mine came out the oven at 12.30pm and wrapped in foil is still slightly warm

Still can't move after my dinner. Was immense. Rib of beef, I got one of the bones to gnaw on <insert Kenneth Williams here>, pigs in blankets, roasties, Yorkshire pudding, mash, cabbage, peas, carrots. Only had one glass of red, but that was enough having cut back on the drinking a bit. Some Aldi chocolate pudding thing for desert. I don't think I'll eat again till tomorrow. 

Good haul of pressies, including some Samsung earbuds, and a Mandalorian helmet <insert Kenneth Williams here> mug. I had a moment of dread yesterday,  when I had a feeling my parents had bought me the new Paul Weller singing with an orchestra album. Thankfully that wasn't the case. No Lynx Africa. 

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve got crackers and pate, Pringles , skewers then some chocolate after that. Tuck  in mate .

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

May have been mentioned on here already but we followed the “Phil Vickery” cooking of the Turkey for the first time today and it was so easy, and faultless. Basically steaming your Turkey and roasting the skin towards the end. Brilliant stuff and highly recommend 👍

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Always wondered why that was, quick chat to my pal a couple of years ago, never cooked a dry Turkey since. Today we cooked on orange slices keep the juices flowing, when done wrap in foil and a few tea towels let it sweat for 20-30 minutes, hey presto.

Putting stuffing inside dries it out nicely, everyone does it, but not a good idea.

Remind me to remind her next Xmas