Christmas 2021

sidcow

11 minutes ago, holteendhero said:

Saved £50 by food shopping online with Asda this year. Not down to their fantastic offer but down to the 13 out of stock items now not coming and a further 20 substitutions including swapping a large tin of Quality Street for a box of biscuits 

The only thing I didn't get from asda was a litre of Lambs Spiced rum, but I found out the day before so switched it for bacardi.

Strangely, the very same item was "out of stock" last Christmas as well.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I don't get this.

I've been adding Christmas stuff to my weekly delivery for months, so now I have everything required and haven't had to leave the house.

No **** way you'd get me anywhere near a shop at this time of year.

How do you know what you want if you’re not in the present and living in the past 

1 hour ago, holteendhero said:

Saved £50 by food shopping online with Asda this year. Not down to their fantastic offer but down to the 13 out of stock items now not coming and a further 20 substitutions including swapping a large tin of Quality Street for a box of biscuits 

Waste of time mate, I’ve just been to Morrisons to replace the 18 substitutes and 3 unavailable items on our upcoming delivery.

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Nothing quite says Christmas, like Telford! 

PTSD flashbacks of a younger me walking around Telford Town Centre trying to work out wtf to buy my family for Christmas. What a horrible shopping centre that place is, I’ve always been astounded that people travel from Birmingham and Wolves to go there. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

PTSD flashbacks of a younger me walking around Telford Town Centre trying to work out wtf to buy my family for Christmas. What a horrible shopping centre that place is, I’ve always been astounded that people travel from Birmingham and Wolves to go there. 

For shopping, Telford Town centre is far, far superior to Wolverhampton. The Mander centre is a properly depressing place. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not been drinking infront of the kids for months now, but I’ve persuaded the wife to break the truce because it’s Xmas. She didn’t take much persuading mind. She’s had 3 bottles of gin bought her by her boss at work. This being one of them that I’m trying. The bottles lights up. Blackberry flavour gin . 

CBDEACD0-18AB-4473-802F-1E1E63FD809C.jpeg

We've got one of them off someone ut it's vodka liqueur. It's **** horrendous. 

50 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I've never actually been shopping there but driven past the modern looking shopping centre. Looks quite decent to be honest. My Dad said he doesn't hate it, so thats the equivalent of a very strong endorsement!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For shopping, Telford Town centre is far, far superior to Wolverhampton. The Mander centre is a properly depressing place. 

That’s probably quite true, I just thought that the yam-yams would be better off going east into Brum. That’s what I used to do when I lived in Telford. 

To be fair it has been developed an awful lot since I moved away. It’s almost unrecognisable now. I remember it when C&A was at the top of the escalator from the bus station, and you could smoke inside. 

Just been to pick up the Christmas meat from Morrisons, click and collect and paid for with their Christmas savings club thing. My wife put some money on it earlier in the year so that was a nice surprise when I scanned the app and only had to pay £3 for a big box full of goodies. I expected a nightmare but it was dead easy, no queues, no complications, no stress. 

• Like 1

With xmas going ahead as originally planned, I’ll be spending most of tomorrow in the kitchen.

Roast pork ribs, potatoes, sprouts, kraut, gravy.

Then get absolutely stuffed. 

Who cares about the prezzies?

• Like 1

The state of some of the veg on offer in M&S was woeful, we ended up getting lots of the veg from Waitrose in the end which we never do at Xmas. Lots of the veg in M&S was short dated to 26th too

We got most of the things we wanted but odd shortages like Bay Leaves (which we normally have in the cupboard but had run out)

All done now, the missus is putting it away and I have first dibs on the microwave for my chicken Madras before going out to work for a bit. Then back to work tomorrow and watch me fly home on the dot of 5