Christmas 2021

sidcow

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

@TheAuthority

From another thread but here is Richard Burton doing what he does at his absolute best... reading Dylan Thomas

This was played at Christmas at my Granddads most Christmases

I played this whilst we put the tree up the other week. It’s tradition we play Xmas songs. Christ, the moaning from the missus . No class at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I played this whilst we put the tree up the other week. It’s tradition we play Xmas songs. Christ, the moaning from the missus . No class at all. 

Yep, that's exactly right for the job. 🖕

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

…and that is me done for the year.

There is a small light refreshment in the fridge, I shall have that later with my fish n mash.

What a **** year.

Gravy with that mash right? No harm done if it gets near the fish either...

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

We go out somewhere every year for a pre-Christmas daily day out. Today we went to Hatton Country World, really, really good day out. 

Went through there today after visiting the Mrs friends in Chipping Norton. Lovely place, I'm a true city boy though, would be bored after a week.

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Fun fact - my old dears live about 1/2 mile from that place and my brother used to work there dressed as a giant carrot. 

Bet he is good on the eyes to the ladies. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Gravy with that mash right? No harm done if it gets near the fish either...

Smoked fish, mash, processed peas, tommie sauce.

A bottle of The Reverend James.

I would have gone with the gravy, but I’m still waiting on a date for my lobotomy.

• Haha 3

Got invited to traditional turkey Christmas dinner at our British friends' house along with another couple we often spend New Years Eve with, but declined as we don't like to have to stick to any kind of schedule on Christmas day.  We'll stop by later for a drink and maybe some games.  We'll have our big Christmas dinner on the 24th, according to the tradition of my Norwegian family, though it will be duck rather than pork roast.   My vegetarian daughter will even partake in her once yearly straying from the path, so we'll all have the same food for once.

• Like 2