Christmas 2021

sidcow

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I looked for Home Alone the other day and it seems to only be on Disney+ which pissed me off.  I think there are some Christmas films that need to be on the protected list like sports events and old buildings, available to all unsmirched in their original form.  

Heard of those dvd/Blu ray thingy majigs? 😛

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just watching A Boy Called Christmas, pretty great cast and it's so far been a good watch. 

Mrs Sidcow had set it to records tomorrow am so we're watching it tomorrow night. 

Started National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Turned it off after 10 minutes. That's some high grade dog shit. Can't get over the fact Chevy Chase is famously an utter word removed so couldn't look past how badly dated it is. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Started National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Turned it off after 10 minutes. That's some high grade dog shit. Can't get over the fact Chevy Chase is famously an utter word removed so couldn't look past how badly dated it is. 

Blasphemer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Shocked Baby GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah, never ever understood the love for that one. Almost as bad as Jingle all the Way.

The original Vacation is a 100 times better.

• Like 1

First they came for Its a Wonderful Life but I did nothing because it’s in black and white

Then they came for National Lampoons Christmas Vacation but I did nothing because it’s shite

Then hey came for Die Hard and I did nothing because it’s not a Christmas Film

…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I usually love Christmas but this year it's feeling very very tough

I know how you're feeling. Don't think we've ever spoken other than on the board but if you need someone to vent to, get yourself on for some rocket league and a chat. 

• Thanks 1

Scrooged last night, Gremlins tonight.

Already got through a few of our regulars, Krampus, Better Watch Out, Rare Exports,  Wonderful Life and Trading Places all done.

Bad Santa on the 23rd and then Muppets and Alistair Sim Scrooge on Xmas Eve as is tradition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

A Xmas miracle has happened

It is 6 days before the day and I have actually wrapped the missus’ presents. It’s rare I’ve even bought them yet and normally wrap them on Xmas morning before the others get up.

I’m even confident she’ll even like her presents this year 😀

A book for Mrs M. Only present I bought (she's sorted everything for the kids/grandkids). Ordered last night, delivered this morning, wrapped this afternoon. Job done. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A book for Mrs M. Only present I bought (she's sorted everything for the kids/grandkids). Ordered last night, delivered this morning, wrapped this afternoon. Job done. 

My favourite gift, one of the cheaper ones this year… An Elton John kitchen apron, she thinks I don't notice what she's been playing in the kitchen

1 hour ago, bickster said:

First they came for Its a Wonderful Life but I did nothing because it’s in black and white

Then they came for National Lampoons Christmas Vacation but I did nothing because it’s shite

Then hey came for Die Hard and I did nothing because it’s not a Christmas Film

…..

Its A Wonderful Life is a classic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I got my Xmas drink out of the way on Friday. We finished work early and went the pub in our work gear. Didn’t spend much and not going brum now. Glad I got it out the way and so is the missus . Two more days left at work. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa