Christmas 2021

sidcow

15 hours ago, bickster said:

The tree is arriving tomorrow, I've just been informed that the earliest it could arrive is 6:30 am which means getting up at at least 6

F***ing Xmas

Well, did it arrive at 6:30am?! 

Santa run on Xmas eve (pick up and drop off all the presents to family once the lad is asleep). Missus decorates the rest of the house with the 'Xmas Eve' decs.

I grab a crafty pork sandwich at her nans during the run.

Bacon, Sausage and egg sarnies in the morning during the present opening. Mom, Dad and Granddad are due round this year for that.

Xmas day feast around 3pm. Steamer sorts the allotment veggies, home made roasties. We've got the brother in law round this year with his 3 kids and missus, and the mother-in-law so a full house.

Sleep after food.

The Bulgarian government have given me a rebate of £400 just before Christmas. So that's an extra few presents for the kids and a supermarket sweepesque dash for all the Christmas day food gubbins sorted as it's been a bit of a tough financial year for me. 

I'm going to buy two boxes of cheap Bulgarian wine and have a jolly on Christmas day. Another English mate of mine, who can't go home, will sit in the kitchen with hurling abuse at my treatment of the gravy.

Fun times to be had.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My ex who I had a FWB arrangement with got pregant despite being medically infertile and I wasn't down with that, so my family and I have fell out, broke up with my partner who I met after thge FWB arrangment ended but pre-pregnancy, so I think I'm going to sit at home, alone, researching how to tie hangman's knots and wondering where my life went wrong. **** Christmas.

Shit - hang in there. Is it too soon to say you'll be laughing about it one day? Just pop on here if you need to talk - theres usually someone lurking around.

Also, can you pm me an advice on how to arrange a FWB arrangement? I have a mate who really wants to know :ph34r:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

My ex who I had a FWB arrangement with got pregant despite being medically infertile and I wasn't down with that, so my family and I have fell out, broke up with my partner who I met after thge FWB arrangment ended but pre-pregnancy, so I think I'm going to sit at home, alone, researching how to tie hangman's knots and wondering where my life went wrong. **** Christmas.

As someone who sat there this morning watching his 18 month old buzzing her tits off while I opened her £1 advent calendar I can tell you mate it's absolutely **** incredible being a dad, its the best thing I've ever done, might not feel like it now but no matter the circumstances you can make something great of it 👊

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As someone who sat there this morning watching his 18 month old buzzing her tits off while I opened her £1 advent calendar I can tell you mate it's absolutely **** incredible being a dad, its the best thing I've ever done, might not feel like it now but no matter the circumstances you can make something great of it 👊

Our first nipper was heavily in to the show Bananas in Pyjamas, two Australian bananas called B1 and B2. Watched the tv show, had books and toys.

Then, the stage show came to town so we got tickets. First ever theatre visit for the nipper so had no clue what to expect… then lights music action!

And a couple of 7 foot tall bananas came bounding on to the stage. **** me it was like the seat was electrified - these bananas, B1 and B2, the bloody bananas… THEY”RE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

funniest thing I’ve ever seen, talk about seeing someone buzz

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Having found myself in a very similar situation (minus the current partner) I have a fairly good idea of how you’re feeling mate.

Don’t feel bad about feeling bad about this, if that makes sense. You’re allowed to be a bit pissed off.

I’d suggest venting at a willing mate or even us on here. Someone with a sympathetic ear, who isn’t going to be put out while you process it. While it’s not ideal falling out with your family, I would expect most people to realise that your head is all over the place at the moment and as such they would give you a bit of leeway.

Can’t offer you anything regarding the current partner. You’ve been straight with her about it, what else can you do. Unless you want to try and pursue things with her, I guess it’s left with her.

There’s no guarantees and everyone’s situation is different, but there’s every chance things will work out in some way. It’s going to take some adjusting, and it’s not always easy, in fact it’s rarely “easy”, but you adapt. I know it doesn’t seem like it, but there WILL be positives from this in the long run.

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Well...shit. :(

I hereby dedicate the annual Swedish air-force Christmas-tree flyover to you!

• Like 3