Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

At least 4 teams that will comfortably finish below us. But we'll be no where near last seasons points total and on current form we'll also finish a couple positions below where we finished last season.

If we also aim to rip up and rebuild the squad once again then this year has been a total and expensive waste.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sne said:

At least 4 teams that will comfortably finish below us. But we'll be no where near last seasons points total and on current form we'll also finish a couple positions below where we finished last season.

If we also aim to rip up and rebuild the squad once again then this year has been a total and expensive waste.

The squad is mid table. A rebuild is necessary at some point if we want to get into Europe.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

The squad is mid table. A rebuild is necessary at some point if we want to get into Europe.

If we want to get into Europe playing this system and tactic then yeah, we need a total rebuild. Not sure that's the way to go thou.

Feel others could get more out of this squad with only a few quality additions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We need a new central midfield and go from there. The right players in there and the mistakes drop off drastically, we're not as easy to play through, and there's a better balance in attacking play.

Just now, og1874 said:

Right, so would Burnley winning have been a better result for Villa?

Burnley already have 6 future points against us anyways. So they are nearly safe

Just now, og1874 said:

Right, so would Burnley winning have been a better result for Villa?

Exactly. Norwich who are 15 points behind us beating Burnley which if you're a paranoid delusionist, would be a good result.

Any fans who are thinking about relegation I wouldnt wipe of the sole of my shoe.

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Burnley already have 6 future points against us anyways. So they are nearly safe

Do you tell all your friends that you pretend to be a Villa fan and on an internet forum? They must be so proud.

• Haha 2

Just now, messi11 said:

Could be 9 by the time we play them in a few weeks time

Yeah, won 5 games all season, going to win 5 and draw 1 of their remaining 7 to pass us. Right. Stick a ton on that and show us the receipt

We almost certainly won't be relegated, but dropping into the bottom five is possible, which would for me represent a bad season even allowing for the fact that we had such a bad start that we had to change manager after eleven ga

We could be as low as fifteenth by the time we play Leicester, as before we play that game, Brentford have a game against Watford, Newcastle have games against Palace, and Leicester, and Southampton have games against Arsenal and Burnley, all only need one win to overtake us, and all have winnable games before we even play again.

If you want to look on the positive side we're only one point off top half, but need to improve our form asap to have any chance of finishin there or even to just avoid dropping further down the table.

Getting a point away to Leicester would be a good time to show we can get points in games where we're second favorites and give us some confidence back going into the Burnley and Norwich games, I'm hoping for at least seven poinnts from the next three.

• Like 2

No idea how Gerrard could feasibly finish 14th or 15th this season and still keep his job. In those circumstances would anyone on here actually pro Gerrard want him to stay and potentially waste another 100m +.

Look where we were after beating Leeds away ffs and that was only a month ago.

We need to beat Norwich, 4 points off Burnley and win another game and 46-47 points should mean 11th perhaps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I’d rather we build upon than re build, the whole point of appointing Lange is to maintain a structure and manager suited to the players at his disposal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’d rather we build upon than re build, the whole point of appointing Lange is to maintain a structure and manager suited to the players at his disposal.

Yes. I fear the battle lines have been drawn as you suggest. Going to be interesting when the season ends.