Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

There does feel a bit of pointlessness about it all now. 

Yes..we can't ever compete for Europe realistically. Best case is mid table dullness. Any decent player that actually succeeds will leave. It's just very very disheartening. There's no way through.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Yes..we can't ever compete for Europe realistically. Best case is mid table dullness. Any decent player that actually succeeds will leave. It's just very very disheartening. There's no way through.

Aye, we missed the boat spectacularly and it’s all pretty much sealed up now.

• Like 1

Bale, Modric, and Van der Vaart were incredibly canny signings for Spurs while we, though wealthier than them at the time, were dicking around with the likes of Heskey, Ireland, and Reo-Coker. It's appalling how we wasted our opportunity.

Edited by His Name Is Death

If Burnley and Everton win their games in hand we will be just six points above the bottom three. We've got some winnable games to come, but we've also lost quite a few winnable games this season.

One. More. Win. Should. Do. It.

But we need that win asap, as whilst I can't see us going down, the longer we're stuck on 36 points and the more teams below win games then that's when it starts getting too close for comfort.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Exactly. Teams that need points. Do you honestly think we can get something from playing Burnley? I don’t at the minute. 

We could lose every game left and wouldn't go down imo. Mind you that would put Burnley on 30 points so perhaps not....

I thought after Leeds we had a very decent chance of getting 50 + points so this is really poor potentially being 15 points off last seasons haul as we certainly aren't getting anything off Liverpool or Man. City and we'll probably lose to Leicester and Palace aswell in this state.

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Form since Gerrard Honeymoon period ended

image.thumb.png.8dbafe64a407f256ef474c063d026dd5.png

But pointless picking a random match day just to make the table look worse. Our form Since SG took over has us slap bang in the middle.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But pointless picking a random match day just to make the table look worse. Our form Since SG took over has us slap bang in the middle.

I wasn't picking a random match day. Just taking the first the new manager bounce games off. It all fell apart against Brentford

23 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I wasn't picking a random match day. Just taking the first the new manager bounce games off. It all fell apart against Brentford

New manager bounce doesn’t exist. Include the games from match day 12 onwards and we are 10th in that table.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Crazy to think that we could still be relegated despite having 36 points with 7 games to go. Not convinced we will get anymore points. 

That would bean we’d need to lose a total of 11 in a row - which we’ve done once, the season we went down. The chances of any premier league team losing that many games in succession is very slim.

obviously it has happened to us before, and sunderland managed even more once (15 in a row one season, followed by their next 5 after their next promotion), but it’s very, very rare

15 hours ago, duke313 said:

The amount of overreach from some is pure cringe. We aren’t getting relegated anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, og1874 said:

That would bean we’d need to lose a total of 11 in a row - which we’ve done once, the season we went down. The chances of any premier league team losing that many games in succession is very slim.

obviously it has happened to us before, and sunderland managed even more once (15 in a row one season, followed by their next 5 after their next promotion), but it’s very, very rare

I think we are more than capable of matching that…