Weekends Football 29/31 October

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surely Newcastle got to appoint someone soon?

Other teams around them are starting to win now and they're going to need 10 wins from 28 games to stay up so if they wait another month it might be close to 50% win ratio which would surely be beyond them.

Pretty sure when we stayed up on GD in 19/20 we had around 12 points at this stage of the season they have 4.

I Suppose the problem is with the position they are in, they arent a very attractive prospect to a "top" manager.

Even if they can spend big in jan or the summer, they might be in such a poor position come Jan or the summer, that its effectively a rebuild, or maybe even needing to get promoted from the Champ?

I dunno, will be interesting to see who they get.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I Suppose the problem is with the position they are in, they arent a very attractive prospect to a "top" manager.

Even if they can spend big in jan or the summer, they might be in such a poor position come Jan or the summer, that its effectively a rebuild, or maybe even needing to get promoted from the Champ?

I dunno, will be interesting to see who they get.

I agree, it is not a job that appeals to the better managers. Also, they will be somewhat limited in their spending in Jan as they will have to take into account relegation and that will reduce their FFP loss allowance. Relegation will no doubt make them loss making next season, if they add a few high wages to the club, including manager, and some big transfers they could get into trouble with FFP. Relegation will definitely put theirs plans back by quite a few years. It would be quite funny if the Saudis got pissed off and sold the club back to Ashley next year accepting a loss of about 150m

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

A few teams outside the so called big 6, showing a bit of application and fight....we must muster some tomorrow.

I have to say, Vieira is really impressing me. This season is a genuine rebuild for Palace, 9 new players and 12 left and a new manager. If Arteta wasn't on a good run I expect Arsenal would be talking to him

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â