The_Steve

On 04/05/2023 at 07:38, It's Your Round said:

Outside of the games at Villa Park and the Amex, has anyone ever met a Brighton fan? I haven’t, and although I believe they do exist, they’re not in great numbers. 

There is one that does the cannon hill park run every couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Brighton recruitment streak coming to an end

Dahoud and Milner is poor business

Was always gonna happen. You keep selling your best players and eventually you replace them with players who aren’t as good. See Southampton.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dunno about poor business, if they are playing in Europe adding a couple of free transfers like this to the squad is quite useful.

If they were adding them to the squad then yes, but they are going to be replacing the players they end of selling.

Just now, duke313 said:

Was always gonna happen. You keep selling your best players and eventually you replace them with players who aren’t as good. See Southampton.

Interesting also these two seem a switch from normal policy. Odd Welbeck signing is fine but seems signings to move next level but not required quality

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If they were adding them to the squad then yes, but they are going to be replacing the players they end of selling.

Still very early days to be saying that.  I'm sure there will be more signings like the Watford fella lined up.  That's not to say that it could still go wrong as it's hard to keep finding these gems, just it seems a decent balance to add some freebies to cope with possibly another 10+ matches to play.  Dahoud is only 27 as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Still very early days to be saying that.  I'm sure there will be more signings like the Watford fella lined up.  That's not to say that it could still go wrong as it's hard to keep finding these gems, just it seems a decent balance to add some freebies to cope with possibly another 10+ matches to play.  Dahoud is only 27 as well.

It might work for another season or two, but eventually it WILL catch up with them.

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Have you got the lottery numbers?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Have you got the lottery numbers?

It doesn’t take Mystic Meg to predict that they are going to cash in on Mac Alister, Caicedo and Mitoma. Having already sold Trossard, Cucurella and Bissouma this season, all to divisional rivals. They are Southampton 2.0

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It doesn’t take Mystic Meg to predict that they are going to cash in on Mac Alister, Caicedo and Mitoma. 

I agree this isn't that unlikely. But they're players likely to command decent transfer fees so it's a bit of a leap that these free agents are direct replacements for their best players rather than some experience to add to the squad. I'd be very surprised if that were to be the transfer strategy.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It doesn’t take Mystic Meg to predict that they are going to cash in on Mac Alister, Caicedo and Mitoma. Having already sold Trossard, Cucurella and Bissouma this season, all to divisional rivals. They are Southampton 2.0

I think Mitoma they will keep. I think had a good season but bigger teams will want see more than he might be a one season wonder

• Like 1

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

It might work for another season or two, but eventually it WILL catch up with them.

I think if Macalister goes Enciso and Buonanotte will just play every week and effectively replace him, happens in some games already with all three starting.

Caciedo is one they'll really struggle to replace if/when he goes.

Would be a catastrophic few windows for Brighton to be in serious danger of relegation, Brentford more likely simply due to the size of the club. 

All the posters saying Brighton are the new Southampton are the equivalent of the fans who said Villa were doing a Fulham.

What a lot of people forget or don’t realise is, the chairman of Brighton is a billionaire and life long Brighton fan, who has made his money but using analytics and stats to put the odds in his favour, they don’t need to sell their players, but they have a good little conveyor belt where they sign players and then loan them straight back out for 2-3 years. 

The real loss wouldn’t be the players, it will be when De Zerbi goes, he’s been brilliant. 

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

All the posters saying Brighton are the new Southampton are the equivalent of the fans who said Villa were doing a Fulham.

What a lot of people forget or don’t realise is, the chairman of Brighton is a billionaire and life long Brighton fan, who has made his money but using analytics and stats to put the odds in his favour, they don’t need to sell their players, but they have a good little conveyor belt where they sign players and then loan them straight back out for 2-3 years. 

The real loss wouldn’t be the players, it will be when De Zerbi goes, he’s been brilliant. 

Nearly all PL owners are billionaires.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â