Energy Bills

Genie

Just now, mrchnry said:

I've heard there's to be an announcement this week about petrol prices going up and to anticipate panic buying and fuel shortages again, i've just filled up.

We are going to need a price cap on petrol/diesel as produces look to take the piss there too.

• Thanks 1

The three main supermarket petrol stations near me are all out of fuel. People have been filling up to beat the price hikes, can’t say I blame anyone for doing that really. The soaring costs of energy are going to hurt a lot of people. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Terrible picture, but spotted this yesterday in Tamworth 

4-A482-A9-B-3-A8-E-4-BB1-A6-AB-D94-E80-F

£1.53.9 for petrol, £1.69.9 for Diesel 😳 

They must have been running out of diesel or something as that price is outrageous even in the current climate.

It’s 1p more for diesel that  the 3 chain petrol stations by me. Fortunately Tescos is a slightly more sensible £1:54.9

That’s a 64p per gallon difference between 4 garages and 3 of them are within a mile of each other

41 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I've heard there's to be an announcement this week about petrol prices going up and to anticipate panic buying and fuel shortages again, i've just filled up.

Announcement by who? The government? I don’t imagine that’s remotely true to be honest.

Why would they hold a press conference just to say “Suck it up!”

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Announcement by who? The government? I don’t imagine that’s remotely true to be honest.

Why would they hold a press conference just to say “Suck it up!”

Rishi to tell us how there’s nothing at all he can do.

Then we’ll see countries in Europe doing something really sensible and helpful for their citizens. 

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I would not be in the least bit surprised to see £2 a litre over the next few months. 

It's times like these I am thankful I have a 1 litre 3 cylinder engine and drive **** all miles. 

47 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Ahh, the repeat of the self fulfilling prophecy. 

I'll get my plastic bags ready. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Terrible picture, but spotted this yesterday in Tamworth 

4-A482-A9-B-3-A8-E-4-BB1-A6-AB-D94-E80-F

£1.53.9 for petrol, £1.69.9 for Diesel 😳 

They must have been running out of diesel or something as that price is outrageous even in the current climate.

I saw it at £1.68 in Sandwell on Friday and £1.82 at Knutsford services.  I drive around now to supermarkets where you can still find it at £1.50 ish. Even the muti billion pound company I work for has said take all meetings through zoom now whenever possible cut the drving down.

These fuel companies disgust Me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrchnry said:

It just needs the Daily Mail to do that. Run a few articles about fuel shortages and it will be carnage again. 

Just now, Xela said:

It just needs the Daily Mail to do that. Run a few articles about fuel shortages and it will be carnage again. 

Shortages of fuel expected for British nationals as Immigrants buy more than they need. 

• Haha 1

Car has been off the road for two weeks for maintenance so haven't put fuel in for a while. Had to drive back from Nottingham Saturday so need to put a bit in hoping I can get some at Tesco on Stratford Road. 

Went to my local fuel place on the A5 where they have so kindly increased diesel from 1.50 or so to 1.65.

Dick Turpin would have been proud. 

I’ve not been going into the office so not filled up for a while, but am starting going back in now. I visited my parents on Thursday, and was down to my last 30 miles in the tank. Their local garage was charging £1.68 for diesel, Frankley services which I drive past on the way was  £1.64. Luckily Tesco was a bit cheaper. But this getting ridiculous. I can see cars being ciphered soon by unscrupulous people.

With the next General Election being on 2nd May 2024, the campaigne may turn out to be a bidding war, as to which party offers the biggest subsidy or tax-cut on the price of energy?

What with high inflation and falling living-standards, it looks like both the major parties look likely to have to make a few u-turns.

On 05/03/2022 at 13:15, bickster said:

All three of them as of today are at £1:68.9, the two Euro Garages (a Shell and an Esso) put it up to that price two days ago but the BP only went to £1:62.9 yesterday, today, it's just matched the other two

The Tesco garage is still at £1:54.9. I just filled the car up. That is a difference of nearly 64p a Gallon. All efectively on the same main road (apart from the BP which is just off it) all in a three mile stretch

It's weird that Tesco get their petrol from Esso and then undercut Esso at the pumps.

There's only one way to describe the current prices trends and that's the chain Petrol Stations are profiteering from the war

The supermarket prices have not moved anywhere near as much

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â