Jude Bellingham

TRO

There’s something about him that comes across very insincere to me. In my opinion he’s very self aware, and aware when he’s in the spot light and does things he knows will go down well / portray him in a favourable way.

I think the ego is strong in that one.

Another funny observation is that some people say his dad was a prick and so is he. Then others say his dad is a top bloke and so is he :lol: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s something about him that comes across very insincere to me. In my opinion he’s very self aware, and aware when he’s in the spot light and does things he knows will go down well / portray him in a favourable way.

Another funny observation is that some people say his dad was a prick and so is he. Then others say his dad is a top bloke and so is he :lol: 

He's dad's a top guy. My dad's friend still plays football with him, bloody good player as well apparently. Obviously plays for the metropolitan.

Everyone getting hung up on Bellingham, cause he's not a pretty boy like Southgate who brings the love. Pretty ridiculous to be honest, but I guess it's what the world is becoming.

We would have hated the Cantonas, and the Keanes of the day. But what sets them apart from others, is they were winners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

As I said in a previous post I haven’t met them.. The only information I’ve been given is from colleagues in football one of which is my boss ,who have had multiple dealings with Dad. Their opinion isn’t very high 

18 minutes ago, Chine said:

As I said in a previous post I haven’t met them.. The only information I’ve been given is from colleagues in football one of which is my boss ,who have had multiple dealings with Dad. Their opinion isn’t very high 

Multiple dealings? Isnt Bellinghams Dad like a high ranking cop 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

His dad is a prick 100% , his mum however was the total opposite having known them both since early 2000's. Never met the kids so no opinion on them.

On 16/07/2024 at 12:18, Genie said:

I am intrigued by these stories about Jude not being liked amongst the other players. 

I mentioned in the other thread that there was a story by the Athletic that said his only friend was TAA and that a lot of the squad were annoyed at his Adidas “hey Jude” advert making him out to the the star / saviour of the England team.

I just saw this on facebook, saying Palmer completely refused to acknowledge Jude when approached after the final whistle of the final.

IMG-0990.jpg

If you watch the video of this you'll see Palmer shakes his head straight afterwards too. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you watch the video of this you'll see Palmer shakes his head straight afterwards too. 

It seems to me that Jude thinks he’s the bollocks and has assumed the role of leader in the England squad (I guess in the absence of leadership from Kane).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

It seems to me that Jude thinks he’s the bollocks and has assumed the role of leader in the England squad (I guess in the absence of leadership from Kane).

Yes but unfortunately you can't really be a leader when you're chucking yourself to the ground every 2 minutes and constantly moaning and flapping your arms at your teammates.

I think he's a great player, a young guy, very impressive but it doesn't really track when you're trying to be this calm composed senior member of the team and then acting like a complete berk on the pitch

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes but unfortunately you can't really be a leader when you're chucking yourself to the ground every 2 minutes and constantly moaning and flapping your arms at your teammates.

Works for Fernandes

3 hours ago, Genie said:

He looks like he has a wicked case of main character syndrome. Off the pitch this is fine, but it bleeds onto the pitch and it'd annoying to watch.

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He looks like he has a wicked case of main character syndrome. Off the pitch this is fine, but it bleeds onto the pitch and it'd annoying to watch.

I wonder about the impact on the dressing room. If he’s giving it loads trying to be the main man then it might be why he’s reportedly not a popular teammate. 

He is the main man. He should be lauded for being the only one with the balls to try and stand up when the actual captain was nowhere to be seen (and shouldn’t have been on the pitch) and the other senior players were either too busy being culpable for serious defensive mistakes (Walker) or just weren’t able to make an impression on games (Rice).

Bellingham is pretty much guaranteed to be the next captain and I for one can’t wait because you can be damn sure he’s going to do 10x the job Kane did. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Rightly or wrongly, he's literally been put into the "leadership group" so if this is the case, he's doing what's been asked of him.

Edited by Davkaus

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Rightly or wrongly, he's literally been put into the "leadership group" so if this is the case, he's doing what's been asked of him.

What do you mean by leadership group? He’s not the captain or vice captain 

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

What do you mean by leadership group? He’s not the captain or vice captain 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/england-leadership-group-captain-bellingham-b2563318.html

“I think we have a very open relationship with all of the players,” the national team boss said in Gelsenkirchen. “We have actually put a small leadership group together for this tournament now with Harry, Kyle Walker, Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham because there’s a different dynamic to this group.

“I want the opinions of the four boys but also they’re involved with different age groups in the squad, so they’ll be able to pick up with different areas of the squad,” Southgate said.

“We’ve got 26. It’s not easy to keep track of how everyone is every day. You want to open up that dialogue.

“Sometimes with younger players, they’re going to be a little bit more reluctant to approach the head coach and talk about what they’re thinking, so you want a sense check of what’s going on on the ground.

“Those boys are leaders, the squad has taken on a younger dynamic so it’s important they start to embrace more responsibility in those areas.

“It shouldn’t just be for the older players to lead, a lot of our younger players have a lot of caps and a lot of big-match experience.

“I could have put more into the group but I think four’s enough. We’ll meet regularly and feed back on everything, basically.”

• Thanks 1

I will say he was the only one trying to DK something v Spain. Often he'd have to beat 2 or 3 players because of sod all support and managed it five or so times.

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

He is the main man. He should be lauded for being the only one with the balls to try and stand up when the actual captain was nowhere to be seen (and shouldn’t have been on the pitch) and the other senior players were either too busy being culpable for serious defensive mistakes (Walker) or just weren’t able to make an impression on games (Rice).

Bellingham is pretty much guaranteed to be the next captain and I for one can’t wait because you can be damn sure he’s going to do 10x the job Kane did. 

Spot on. Our actual captain was useless and Jude tried to stand up and be noticed. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â