Jude Bellingham

TRO

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The perception I get is that he's very invested in how he's perceived. Once the media inevitably turns on him, it could affect him negatively on the pitch.

I think him playing abroad will help that with the media if they do turn

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Konsa and Watkins had no issue jumping in a photo with him after Dutch game

Then called them DVB's on social meeja!

Mate!

3 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Amazing. I thought yesterday he was one of our best players. He was getting stuck in and trying to get things going. He played an amazing ball through to Ollie right on the penalty spot. Completely split the Spanish defence in half. I get he can sometimes keep the ball too much, but Foden and Kane were non existent. They closed him down very quickly when he did have the ball and there wasn't exactly a lot of options for him at times.

Nobody seems to be talking about his layoff for Palmer’s goal either. It was beautiful 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Amazing. I thought yesterday he was one of our best players. He was getting stuck in and trying to get things going. He played an amazing ball through to Ollie right on the penalty spot. Completely split the Spanish defence in half. I get he can sometimes keep the ball too much, but Foden and Kane were non existent. They closed him down very quickly when he did have the ball and there wasn't exactly a lot of options for him at times.

I think people's expectations of him are too high. He's having to cover the left side of the pitch and because we are so deep he's often collecting the ball in the left back position with 3 players surrounding him. Problem is Southgate decided to play with 10 men as kane was a passenger 

I am intrigued by these stories about Jude not being liked amongst the other players. 

I mentioned in the other thread that there was a story by the Athletic that said his only friend was TAA and that a lot of the squad were annoyed at his Adidas “hey Jude” advert making him out to the the star / saviour of the England team.

I just saw this on facebook, saying Palmer completely refused to acknowledge Jude when approached after the final whistle of the final.

IMG-0990.jpg

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I am intrigued by these stories about Jude not being liked amongst the other players. 

I mentioned in the other thread that there was a story by the Athletic that said his only friend was TAA and that a lot of the squad were annoyed at his Adidas “hey Jude” advert making him out to the the star / saviour of the England team.

I just saw this on facebook, saying Palmer completely refused to acknowledge Jude when approached after the final whistle of the final.

IMG-0990.jpg

There is a video of him go round to all the players and consoling them after the game, Palmer seems quite indifferent to his pats on the back.

Wondering whether the apple hasn’t fallen to far from the tree, I’ve never met him but I’ve been told by colleagues that know him that dad is a total bellend 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chine said:

Wondering whether the apple hasn’t fallen to far from the tree, I’ve never met him but I’ve been told by colleagues that know him that dad is a total bellend 

He's 21 chap? He comes across very mature, but at that age, he ain't gonna get everything right. As I have said before, he's only priority is to win. If that upsets some of Southgates besties, that's unfortunate.

It's all the standard bullsit that comes out after a lost tournament anyway, gotta look for a scapegoat ennit!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Let’s face it, he continued to pick a striker knowing he was injured and couldn’t effectively lead the line every single game… this had a clear effect on the midfield as our attacking outlet was always alongside or behind them instead of testing the opposition defence. 

Yup. It wasn't enough to win the game in the final, but both times Watkins came on, the team was 10-20 yards further up the pitch, and Bellingham got more into the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chine said:

I used to play football with him, he's a nice guy

I've not had any interactions with him but the guys that have say Jude is a top bloke too

• Like 1

Too much stuff about Bellinghsm being dislikeable. People used to say the same about Watkins and look how untrue that was.

Edited by PaulC

Look at pictures after the Netherlands game, he seemed to have plenty of friends within the squad there. 
He’s very driven, and also hasn’t played in the top level of English football, so hasn’t had much time with and against some of the squad. 

5 hours ago, Chine said:

Have also heard the same, from someone I'm very close to. Rumours of his attitude have followed him through each club, and it wouldn't surprise me if he asked for the shirt to be retired when he left them ratty bastards down the road.

Our tactics for the Euros suited nobody, so saying he wasn't playing his best game because of Safegate is a poor excuse. If he hasn't scored THAT goal, people would have been screaming for him to be dropped. He was shite, for 99% of it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The English (and Swedish too to be fair) desire to probe for faults and find any way to push successful people down is fascinating. It probably happens in other cultures as well but it stands out with us.

Successful people are driven like hell and with that comes a certain arrogance. It's almost never an accident.

I've always said to fellow kids coaches. Ignore the big kid that dominates his peers physically, they'll be fine if the attitude is right. Find the stubborn, driven, smaller kid with never say die attitude. He/she needs to be nudged along until the physicality catches up. You cant teach, or its very difficult to teach that mental intangible.

Edited by Tegis

22 minutes ago, Tegis said:

The English (and Swedish too to be fair) desire to probe for faults and find any way to push successful people down is fascinating. It probably happens in other cultures as well but it stands out with us.

Successful people are driven like hell and with that comes a certain arrogance. It's almost never an accident.

I've always said to fellow kids coaches. Ignore the big kid that dominates his peers physically, they'll be fine if the attitude is right. Find the stubborn, driven, smaller kid with never say die attitude. He/she needs to be nudged along until the physicality catches up. You cant teach, or its very difficult to teach that mental intangible.

They call it tall poppy syndrome in Aus and  NZ (new term to me when i heard it) Is it a European thing? 

Certainly not that way in the U.S. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

They call it tall poppy syndrome in Aus and  NZ (new term to me when i heard it) Is it a European thing? 

Law of Jante is the term here in the Scandinavian region. Don't rise above your station.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â