Jude Bellingham

TRO

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Every time he gets tackled, he is on the deck moaning. 

Countless times it has happened this Tournament. I'd suggest you watch some of it back if you think otherwise. 

No doubt he has a lot of talent but I think he also has an ego to match and that was on show the last few weeks more than his footballing ability. 

You'd be moaning if you had his talent playing under Southgate..

Frustration more than anything.

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

Every time he gets tackled, he is on the deck moaning. 

Countless times it has happened this Tournament. I'd suggest you watch some of it back if you think otherwise. 

That could be said of Foden, Saka and Kane too.

in fact, regardless of nationality, the vast majority of players overegg tackles and roll around the floor bitching and whining. It’s just the way the game has been allowed to develop (instead of the referee laughing and telling them to play on, we now award free kicks for anything a player cries on the floor to)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's one of the best players in the world period.

Ancelotti manages this team and he plays shit yeah?

Suppose Fodens over rated too yeah?

He was carried by a great Madrid team, he was shit in the 2nd half of the season in CL knockouts.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's one of the best players in the world period.

Ancelotti manages this team and he plays shit yeah?

Suppose Fodens over rated too yeah?

Agree that he's excellent, but while he had moments he flattered to deceive in this tournament. It's worth us all remembering that a] his Madrid form declined somewhat from about February onwards, and/because b] he's played something like 60-65 games this season. 

A criticism I have of Southgate in general, but especially in this tournament, is that he overplays his starting XI, and I think Bellingham would have benefitted from coming on in one or two of the games rather than starting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was carried by a great Madrid team, he was shit in the 2nd half of the season in CL knockouts.

Yeah alright chap??

I guess Foden is shite too.

If you get a coach who prioritises attack over defence, you might see a few different players.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Bellingham is clearly a world class player but severely limited internationally by the adopted tactical style of play and having players (Kane and Foden) occupying his space instead of their own positions.

yes, this tournament did not showcase his overall talent but there’s a lot to see from Bellingham in the future (but only under different guidance)

He certainly shouldn’t be written off (just because he came through the small Heath academy) 

To be fair, Kane and Foden weren't making him misplace passes, take too long to pass or try to dribble through 3 players whenever he got the ball. That's on his manager for giving him a free role, and on him for not having the humility and maturity (not his fault) to realize he can't do it.

He's an exceptional player but I think he's often guilty of trying to do too much. So many times he'll do something amazing like turn a player or two, but then try and do one more and lose it. If he'd just played a pass after the first good thing then it would have been perfect.

That might be a symptom of playing in a Southgate team to be fair, where we're relying on players like him and their "moments"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Great player for sure, but yesterday I thought he was all fart and no shit

Nicely put, sir. 🫡

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's an exceptional player but I think he's often guilty of trying to do too much. So many times he'll do something amazing like turn a player or two, but then try and do one more and lose it. If he'd just played a pass after the first good thing then it would have been perfect.

That might be a symptom of playing in a Southgate team to be fair, where we're relying on players like him and their "moments"

It's like he gets those TikTok edits light up in his head and can't help himslef. He could be a ridiculous player if he could just pick and choose his moments, and focused more on effectiveness. He's basically an elite version of our JJ who is already an exceptional player.

Ffs Radio WM have sent a **** reporter to the streets of Stourbridge to ask people what they think of engerlund and ower Jooooood.

What a waste of license fee money.

Mate.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Reminded me of Gerrard, trying to do it all and not be part of the team. Obviously at Madrid he has a top manager and players around him so doesn’t have this burden. But Southgate’s hopes were “some bit of magic”

Knives are out. Bit of a nasty article in The Athletic. Typical media that like to build people up then take them down. 
Im not sure England/The FA have done enough to protect a 21 year old though.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Knives are out. Bit of a nasty article in The Athletic. Typical media that like to build people up then take them down. 

Its called a winning mentality. Problem was Kane and Southgate wanted everyone to be bestest buddies, Bellingham wanted  to win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

In fairness was reports at Dortmund that he wasnt well liked by team mates. I think its a bit like Duran situation that he is a lot younger than most of the other squad and maybe harder to mix

Konsa and Watkins had no issue jumping in a photo with him after Dutch game

Amazing. I thought yesterday he was one of our best players. He was getting stuck in and trying to get things going. He played an amazing ball through to Ollie right on the penalty spot. Completely split the Spanish defence in half. I get he can sometimes keep the ball too much, but Foden and Kane were non existent. They closed him down very quickly when he did have the ball and there wasn't exactly a lot of options for him at times.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The perception I get is that he's very invested in how he's perceived. Once the media inevitably turns on him, it could affect him negatively on the pitch.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â