Jude Bellingham

TRO

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Think he had great moments and periods - first half against Serbia, the goal against Slovakia, etc - but overall this was a tournament that suggested he's not ready for the 'carrying the team on his shoulders' role that he assumed. He'll get there. 

He just needs to calm down, constantly looking for free kicks and trying to dribble round 3-4 players like Beckham v Greece. He was also constantly knackered in second halves so ultimately he might be a seasoned veteran compared to Yamal but another who's played 60 + club games and really felt the impact of that.

Euro 2028 should be his tournament.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Thank God England didn't win, this guy would have had a good shot at Balon d'Or 

I still think he wins it tbh. Maybe Rodri will have a say now but at the end of the season it seems like it was between Vini and Jude.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Think he had great moments and periods - first half against Serbia, the goal against Slovakia, etc - but overall this was a tournament that suggested he's not ready for the 'carrying the team on his shoulders' role that he assumed. He'll get there. 

I think thats on England/media. He plus Saka should not be carrying England at this stage

I get the impression a lot of the time he'd rather look good than be good. Needlessly taking time on the ball, trying to beat people, pop it through peoples legs, doing roulette, rather than, I don't know, passing to the two elite wingers either side of you.

After a strong opening to the tournament honestly I think he showed himself up to be a bit of a berk.

...and the diving. The diving is something else.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think thats on England/media. He plus Saka should not be carrying England at this stage

I blame the English media for many things, but I don't see how they've created this issue. It's a Southgate problem, in as much as he needed to either be braver and rest/drop Jude when he wasn't performing or rein him in/change his role if he was going to keep him in the team. 

• Like 1

He's a top class player playing in a system which doesn't suit him. He tries too hard. Carrying the ball from deep when thst shouldn't be his job. 

• Thanks 1

Had his moments in the tournament, but has been poor for the large majority of it.

Certainly hasn't helped that Kane dropped back so much and was trying to play in the same areas as he was.

New manager in, more progressive tactics, make him the main man and I think he'll shine.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He's one of the best players in the world period.

Ancelotti manages this team and he plays shit yeah?

Suppose Fodens over rated too yeah?

Totally agree with you.  He tries to do everything for England because pf the system they plsy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Olmo is also 5 years older

For sure but olmo made belkingham look very average 

Probably down to southgates lame tactics.

But still DBB.

The one thing I saw in this tournament is that he plays with a physicality and an aggression that playing aboard will win you a lot of plaudits, he looks like a big man, zidane esque at times

Not sure what his role is, needs a better manager in a team with better shape 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Wrong!!

Every time he gets tackled, he is on the deck moaning. 

Countless times it has happened this Tournament. I'd suggest you watch some of it back if you think otherwise. 

No doubt he has a lot of talent but I think he also has an ego to match and that was on show the last few weeks more than his footballing ability. 

• Like 1

Bellingham is clearly a world class player but severely limited internationally by the adopted tactical style of play and having players (Kane and Foden) occupying his space instead of their own positions.

yes, this tournament did not showcase his overall talent but there’s a lot to see from Bellingham in the future (but only under different guidance)

He certainly shouldn’t be written off (just because he came through the small Heath academy) 

Similar to Grealish in that he dwells on the ball looking for the foul too much, you always want him on the pitch though because he's capable of utter brilliance and will hopefully keep getting better.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â