Jude Bellingham

TRO

Class player.

Real dickhead on the pitch. He's going to get into trouble if he doesn't calm down.

Yet to have much of an opinion of him as a person.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I predict that Jude's gonna be a total rock star in America (and the global South) as a public figure. Already is, really. Every time he pisses off the Telegraph or Express in the UK, he'll edge closer to global stardom. No one cares about his youthful antics or bravado. It's all good here, I guarantee you. I love him, personally, and feel like he's ready-made for transatlantic translation, even if he won't end up in the MLS for another 15 years. He fights like hell. It's amazing. Way too talented to be trapped in England, as all great English players end up. To see him basically crawling on his knees in Slovakia's corner one moment and then doing his bicycle kick the next lol. One step away from bringing the game back to its gnarly roots -- that is, on your knees, in the dirt, grappling. He refused to give up. You could see it on his desperate face. What a wonderful ****.

WHO ELSE? That’s what Jude Bellingham asked, euphoria and adrenaline flowing through his veins after his acrobatic stoppage-time goal pulled England back from the brink at Euro 2024.

They had been staring into the abyss, 1-0 down to Slovakia, out of ideas, very nearly out of time. In the fifth of six minutes of added time, Kyle Walker hurled in a long throw — so often the refuge of the desperate — Marc Guehi flicked it on and, with England needing a hero, Bellingham took a step to the right and then leapt and contorted his body to rescue his team with an outrageous scissor kick.

He landed with a bump and, almost in the same movement, charged away in celebration, eyes fixed on the crowd, and then slowed right down. Then he said it, just before Harry Kane, Declan Rice and the rest of them arrived on the scene to mob him: “WHO ELSE?”

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

I think he's great. Shame he played for them lot and even more of a shame playing for Los Meringues. BUT no denying he's a real talent and can go on to be our best player. I think him and Kane are instantly on the teamsheet, whether Southgate is picking the team or not 🤣

Great player but there is more than a streak of dickheadedness. I fear he might have a Beckham ‘98 moment and do something stupid which costs the team.

• Like 1

I see he could be in trouble for grabbing his crotch in front of the Slovak bench after he scored.

Obviously aping the actions of your average bloser, who's also prone to holding his crotch whilst staring at people on park benches.

• Haha 1

Gotta say, the way he celebrated against Slovakia, reminded me of the celebrations Antony (Manure) did against Coventry.....

I have no issues with his cockiness (perceived or not), he's living the life, milk it while you can (KW.gif). Celebrate however you want, you're on top of the world.

My issue with him is now it spills onto the pitch. He's so eager to score any time he's anywhere near the box, he ends up losing the ball or having the shot blocked more often than he gets a decent shot off. He also tries dribbling through players when he's just not good enough to do it.

There's big headedness and giving it the big un when you score or after the game, and then there's big headedness and thinking you're Zidane when you're on the pitch when you're not even Gerrard yet. It's not helped by Southgate playing him as his creative #10, because he himself lacks the inventiveness to fit more suited players in that position.

The extreme example of this is Cristiano Ronaldo. Even at the age of almost 40, with his last and only international direct free kick being scored 6 years ago, the guy is still trying to take and score free kicks from any angle and distance. I'm sorry but you're just not that guy (anymore).

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I have no issues with his cockiness (perceived or not), he's living the life, milk it while you can (KW.gif). Celebrate however you want, you're on top of the world.

My issue with him is now it spills onto the pitch. He's so eager to score any time he's anywhere near the box, he ends up losing the ball or having the shot blocked more often than he gets a decent shot off. He also tries dribbling through players when he's just not good enough to do it.

There's big headedness and giving it the big un when you score or after the game, and then there's big headedness and thinking you're Zidane when you're on the pitch when you're not even Gerrard yet. It's not helped by Southgate playing him as his creative #10, because he himself lacks the inventiveness to fit more suited players in that position.

The extreme example of this is Cristiano Ronaldo. Even at the age of almost 40, with his last and only international direct free kick being scored 6 years ago, the guy is still trying to take and score free kicks from any angle and distance. I'm sorry but you're just not that guy (anymore).

Spot on. Having some arrogance is probably good and helped him progress but unchecked it can **** us over and hinder his development. He's on the right side of the line currently but does need to be a bit careful with the antics against the opposition as they'll start targeting him like they did Rooney

• 2 weeks later...

Think he had great moments and periods - first half against Serbia, the goal against Slovakia, etc - but overall this was a tournament that suggested he's not ready for the 'carrying the team on his shoulders' role that he assumed. He'll get there. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â