How many points in the next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/21 at 07:19

I was going to say five points, thinking that wouldn't be great, but looking at the fixtures I'm not even sure if we will get that many, can't see us gettin anything from Spurs, Arsenal, or Manchester Unitd, so that leaves just Everton and Wolves, and I'd be surprised if we won both. Maybe four points, but I wouldn't be surprise if it was less.

Everton are being made out as if they are peak Barcelona by some, made a  better start last season and havent played anybody decent yet

United are doing well but not really playing well yet

Spurs got hammered at the weekend and didn't even have a proper shot

Wolves will be in the bottom 8 and Arsenal are well Arsenal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Everton are being made out as if they are peak Barcelona by some, made a  better start last season and havent played anybody decent yet

All of those teams will be saying we got schooled by Watford and couldn't beat Brentford

21 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

All of those teams will be saying we got schooled by Watford and couldn't beat Brentford

Im sure they do, i dont really care what them fans think 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Exactly.  Just need to keep players out of the treatment room and take things one match at a time.  I don't think anyone predicted the 7-2 destruction of Liverpool last season and if I remember correctly, there was a lot of doom and gloom on here before the game as well.  

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Exactly.  Just need to keep players out of the treatment room and take things one match at a time.  I don't think anyone predicted the 7-2 destruction of Liverpool last season and if I remember correctly, there was a lot of doom and gloom on here before the game as well.  

precisely.

We can win every game, the Man U one could be a stretch....But the rest is winnable.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2021 at 13:32, Davkaus said:

There's only one team there finishing in the top 4 this season. Man United is a free hit, but if we have any hope of improving on last year's finish, we ened to be going in to games against the likes of Arsenal and Everton looking to get a result. It's not an easy run, but it's one that's going to set expectations for the season, I think.

I don’t think our real aim is to improve on last season finish. It’s to get more stabilized, integrate youngsters and hope most of our players improve. Jack going have hit us, and for me I’d be hoping for some cup runs, and general improvements. But I don’t think we should pressure ourselves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think our real aim is to improve on last season finish. It’s to get more stabilized, integrate youngsters and hope most of our players improve. Jack going have hit us, and for me I’d be hoping for some cup runs, and general improvements. But I don’t think we should pressure ourselves.

It definitely is. Smith even said it himself, in preseason and also after Newcastle at home on MOTD when Lineker asked what the aims were this season.

We've had a poor start but now most of our players are fit and available we have to start getting results.

3 of the first games are against teams who loves playing on the counter.

If we adopt the same tactics as vs Chelsea I don't think it will work.

Playing a high line. Fullbacks bombing forward. High pressing, leaving space behind. That is exactly what Spurs, Man Utd and Everton want the opposition to do.

Edited by villalad21

On 13/09/2021 at 10:18, villalad21 said:

Everton (H)

Man Utd (A)

Spurs (A)

Wolves (H)

Arsenal (A)

I like this run of games. That'll mean we've gotten a lot of potentially tough away games pit of the way before Christmas. 

Personally, I think we will get at least 6 points and as many as 8.

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It definitely is. Smith even said it himself, in preseason and also after Newcastle at home on MOTD when Lineker asked what the aims were this season.

We've had a poor start but now most of our players are fit and available we have to start getting results.

The aim should be high, last season I wanted Europe before the season began, although I knew it would be hard. But we were really good (above expectation). We should’ve build on that but we have some new players and without the Jack factor it will be tricky. That’s why we shall aim on building a solid base. If we went to Europe then fine, if not then we’re building a good setup, so 2-3 quality additions and we’re flying last season. 
We were in rush to go to Europe because Jack, now it’s less pressure. Yes the likes of Konsa, Watkins, Bailey and possibly Buendia would have some big offers. But we can hold on them for another season. We just have to show some promise that we’ll be good without Jack.

I saw a lot of good things against Chelsea, but there are some challenges which might be hard for us. 
Our slow start, bad schedule now could mean we’re fighting for avoiding relegation on Nov/Dec. The long that takes the worse for us. 
We’ve found a way of playing Ings and Watkins, but not yet for Bailey and Buendia. 
The longer we don’t get results the worse it will become even if we’re showing good performances. We have a lot to build on, but we have things to worry about.