January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Are you serious?

The next level is top half and beyond. To be honest, given how highly you seem to rate all of our players, I'm surprised you're not disappointed we're not in the Top 4.

You've already told me to make no mistake, and I'm not disagreeing with you. But I'm also sure that Man Utd wouldn't be playing him either if he was in their squad, even if he is a generational talent at 16 like Rooney.

Yes, I am serious 

It wasn’t long ago that we were languishing in The Championship. We have come a long way in a short space of time

We’re a long way from the top 4, the top 4 have spent billions over decades 

Feeney is special, make no mistake, we can let Hause leave and Feeney can take his spot in the squad

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, I am serious 

It wasn’t long ago that we were languishing in The Championship. We have come a long way in a short space of time

We’re a long way from the top 4, the top 4 have spent billions over decades 

Feeney is special, make no mistake, we can let Hause leave and Feeney can take his spot in the squad

We have come along way, and I'm not disputing that. But, make no mistake, Gerrard has not come here to keep us in mid-table.

I'm going to leave this here now as it's moving away from January transfers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t, he’s in his prime now and he’s our captain. If we sold him, it would send out a bad message to the rest of the squad 

I don’t think he is good enough and we could buy better for the money we would receive for him.

Just now, paul514 said:

I don’t think he is good enough and we could buy better for the money we would receive for him.

I disagree, I think he is good enough but I don’t know what the manager or board’s aims are

Who could we buy that is better than him?

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

If we sign Coutinho I can't see El Ghazi getting game time ahead of Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey or Traore. I also think Chukwuemeka will be ahead of him. We can't stockpile players and need to free up wages.

In terms of Feeney, I think we would be taking a big risk to play a 16-year old, with little to no experience outside of youth football, at CB. 

I’m happy for a very highly rated 16 year old to be 4th choice, not third 

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, I think he is good enough but I don’t know what the manager or board’s aims are

Who could we buy that is better than him?

There’s loads of players better than him, Sven Botman for a start.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Why not keep him and buy better anyway? We only have 3 centre backs, we need 4. 

Wages and squad cohesion.

Then there is the fee to buy the replacement  

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Instead of Mings? I’d rather lose Hause before Mings. This conversation is silly. 

Feeney is special but not instead of Mings no, as well as, I’d rather lose Hause than Mings too. We can let Hause go in the Summer and Feeney can be 4th choice centre back

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

You’d prefer to keep Hause than our captain?

I’m ducking out of this thread 😬

I'd rather buy the 25 best players in the world and keep them all but reality bites and you have to cut your cloth to buy more points.

I believe if we sold Mings, and brought another defender with the money we would get more points. If you have to sell mings to get the cash to do that then you do that.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I'd rather buy the 25 best players in the world and keep them all but reality bites and you have to cut your cloth to buy more points.

I believe if we sold Mings, and brought another defender with the money we would get more points. If you have to sell mings to get the cash to do that then you do that.

Who would you buy?

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

The easiest good defender to buy, as previously mentioned is Sven Botman

We won't pay what's needed to get him. Newcastle or something similar will pay insane amounts for him I suppose