January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not crap at all, he’s a fantastic player, in terms of natural ability, he is up there with the best at the club

Davis has attributes but none are natural ability 😂😂

Edited by Zatman

On 05/01/2022 at 13:15, Peter Griffin said:

Yes, cardiac arrest and not failure, just a typo. I am in complete agreement with what u are saying

Yeah I realised that from the rest of your posts. We should set up a cardiology section on the website to discuss our limited understanding of matters of the heart

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we are showing this level of ambition to bring in Coutinho, I'm excited to see who we target for the CDM role.

Coutinho, Hickey and a CDM would be a very good window. Signing a CB as well would make it excellent.

Who would you let go?

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who would you let go?

El Ghazi is the only one I would let go.

Nakamba is injured and we needed a CDM before that anyway. We need competition for Targett at LB. Tuanzebe has gone so we're down to 3 CB's and, you may disagree, but Feeney is not ready to play in PL games just yet.

EDIT - I'd also let Trezeguet go, but would be surprised if that happens in this window.

Edited by jacketspuds

Just now, jacketspuds said:

El Ghazi is the only one I would let go.

Nakamba is injured and we needed a CDM before that anyway. We need competition for Targett at LB. Tuanzebe has gone so we're down to 3 CB's and, you may disagree, but Feeney is not ready to play in PL games just yet.

Why would you let El Ghazi go? Feeney is 16 years old but I have seen enough of him, he looks ready to me. He is one of those players that you can watch for 10 seconds and tell he is a class player, he reads the game so well for someone so young 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’d be looking to ship out Mings for a good price in the summer.

I wouldn’t, he’s in his prime now and he’s our captain. If we sold him, it would send out a bad message to the rest of the squad 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why would you let El Ghazi go? Feeney is 16 years old but I have seen enough of him, he looks ready to me. He is one of those players that you can watch for 10 seconds and tell he is a class player, he reads the game so well for someone so young 

If we sign Coutinho I can't see El Ghazi getting game time ahead of Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey or Traore. I also think Chukwuemeka will be ahead of him. We can't stockpile players and need to free up wages.

In terms of Feeney, I think we would be taking a big risk to play a 16-year old, with little to no experience outside of youth football, at CB. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

If we sign Coutinho I can't see El Ghazi getting game time ahead of Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey or Traore. I also think Chukwuemeka will be ahead of him. We can't stockpile players and need to free up wages.

In terms of Feeney, I think we would be taking a big risk to play a 16-year old, with little to no experience outside of youth football, at CB. 

I would be sad to see El Ghazi go, he’s an underrated player for me. He has been great value for the £9m we paid for me

It’s a risk with any player for me, Feeney is special, make no mistake, Rooney had no experience as a 16 year old, so did Jack Wilshere

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I would be sad to see El Ghazi go, he’s an underrated player for me. He has been great value for the £9m we paid for me

It’s a risk with any player for me, Feeney is special, make no mistake, Rooney had no experience as a 16 year old, so did Jack Wilshere

El Ghazi has done a lot for us to get us to where we are. But, I can't see him pushing us to the next level, and some players will have to leave to allow us to bring in new ones over the next few windows.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Feeney's current ability, but I believe you re: his potential ability. Players like Rooney and Wilshere are few and far between, so if we have one of those on our hands in Feeney I'm very excited for the future.

Are there any players that you would sell in this window?

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

El Ghazi has done a lot for us to get us to where we are. But, I can't see him pushing us to the next level, and some players will have to leave to allow us to bring in new ones over the next few windows.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Feeney's current ability, but I believe you re: his potential ability. Players like Rooney and Wilshere are few and far between, so if we have one of those on our hands in Feeney I'm very excited for the future.

Are there any players that you would sell in this window?

What is the next level?

Feeney’s special, make no mistake, there’s a reason why Man United reportedly wanted him

Honestly, no, we just need to keep adding more quality to the existing group

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What is the next level?

Feeney’s special, make no mistake, there’s a reason why Man United reportedly wanted him

Honestly, no, we just need to keep adding more quality to the existing group

Are you serious?

The next level is top half and beyond. To be honest, given how highly you seem to rate all of our players, I'm surprised you're not disappointed we're not in the Top 4.

You've already told me to make no mistake, and I'm not disagreeing with you. But I'm also sure that Man Utd wouldn't be playing him either if he was in their squad, even if he is a generational talent at 16 like Rooney.

• Like 1