January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t believe the link tbh, just sharing or forwarding. So much made up BS out there.

Can’t see why we’d sign another CB right now.

If we sign anyone, it’ll be a DM…. surely…

I think we are done...for now.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe but I don’t think so. Cb cover surely and could end up being a better option than Hause… will wait and see… expect him to better on the ball but not aerially.

He's not competition for Hause. Hause is left footed and Chambers is right footed. Gerrard said Hause did well having to fill in for Konsa at RCB as a left footer. You hear managers say all the time they want a natural footed CB each side for the out ball

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's not competition for Hause. Hause is left footed and Chambers is right footed. Gerrard said Hause did well having to fill in for Konsa at RCB as a left footer. You hear managers say all the time they want a natural footed CB each side for the out ball

Misunderstanding? I didn’t mean to say Chambers is competition for Hause. Just suggested that he could have more quality and ability than many of us expect and maybe be deemed to be a better option than Kortney, depending on how well he does of course. I expect him to have some quality on the ball.

The way I see it is that Hause is backup for Mings and Chambers is backup for Konsa, for now.

And yeah I agree, it’s best to have a left footer at LCB and right at RCB.

Not so sure on whether he will be an option to cover DM though but I’m open to being pleasantly surprised of course.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we are done...for now.

I don’t 🤣

Hope not anyway, we’ve still got deadline day & a lot can happen.

If it doesn’t, oh well. We’ll make do and make the best of it and review it ahead of next season.

I’d like to see us get the best out of our existing players anyway and keep them fit too! I still have high hopes for the likes of Sanson and Bailey, for example.

We’ve upgraded and strengthened the squad really well. It’s just that missing ingredient that we obviously agree on. We need more defensive strength and stability in midfield. 

If for nothing else, I’ll be glad when we finally sign a decent DM so I can shut up about it!!! 🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

CNt see anymore incomings. I think its was that juve player or no one.

Woll wait until the summer to get a holding midfielder i think

You’re probably right. Think they’ll announce a Chuk new contract as a sweetener tho.

I can see a new contract for one if McGinn, Luiz or Chuk as the news of the day. Announced today to round off the window. We won’t rush into signing a player and deadline day doesn’t seem the ‘new’ Villa way. Happy to be proven wrong though!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You’re probably right. Think they’ll announce a Chuk new contract as a sweetener tho.

Yeah absolutely.  I think we can go with luiz as dmc until end of season.  If he gets injured then i guess it will be mcginn or chambers

It used to be January was worst windows for signings though from memory we've had some great ones. Carew etc. 

This window we've got Coutinho,  Digne, and Chambers all because of individual issues at former clubs. Could be all very astute pick ups

It’s been an incredible January window, one more would’ve been great but we have a much stronger squad right now…

You do wonder what the window would’ve looked like if Dean Smith was still in charge though, credit to him he did make some great signings for us in the past but feels like we have gone up a calibre of player this window.

Loaning out Targett would be terrible business. If we get a decent fee then fair enough let him go but a loan at this point absolutely not imo. 

Luiz isn't going anywhere and can't see us bringing anyone else in so expecting it to be a quiet deadline day for us.