January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, messi11 said:

Just waiting for Villa to announce our real midfield target. Rodrigo Bentancur is surely a smokescreen 

You're onto something. The real target is:

Spoiler

James Ward-Prowse  :trollface:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Just waiting for Villa to announce our real midfield target. Rodrigo Bentancur is surely a smokescreen 

I've seen Accrington Stanley fans absolutely raving about their Centre Mid on the forums so hopefully it's him 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

A reality check and perspective would be nice… it’s amazing that we’re even looking at this level or standard of player now…

We have moved on. We are a different club now with a high profile manager and rich owners who will to splash the cash. We should not be having a reality check to bring us back to where we were. We should look at where we are going

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have moved on. We are a different club now with a high profile manager and rich owners who will to splash the cash. We should not be having a reality check to bring us back to where we were. We should look at where we are going

Not sure what your point is, maybe you misunderstood me. I didn’t say we shouldn’t look where we are going, rather have an appreciation of it and try to enjoy it.

Yes, we’ve moved on but why act so self entitled? We haven’t achieved anything yet, it makes no sense to be arrogant or dismissive…

We can look forwards with a dose of reality and maybe even a bit of humility (always helpful) and class… we shouldn’t  expect the world and want instant gratification. Do we really want to resemble other fanbases that we laugh at and criticise?

Steady progress is fine, tbf our progress has been fast but also measured under NSWE. 

You say splash the cash… we’ll only do that within our means and where it makes sense. Not hurt the club or get ourselves into debt.

As ever under NSWE, it’ll be a sensible approach.

It goes back to what I was saying… it’s worth trusting in the club a bit, so far they haven’t let us down and I believe they will continue to make the right moves and decisions (for the most part).

So maybe we shouldn’t be overly critical or upset of moves we make or players we are linked to or immediately think players that have been playing for more successful clubs are not good enough for us…

Again, our opinions or outrage mean nothing and affect nothing. It’s fun to speculate but silly to act as though we are better than we are… a bit of patience is not a bad thing.

The main point of what I was saying is we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves and start acting like entitled or arrogant fans such as the likes of Man U and Arsenal have.

Not sure what the aim of your response was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Guimaraes and Luiz played together when Brazil won the Olympics… could be a nice midfield partnership for us. 

Bentancur would be an excellent signing for us too… not sure where the sense of entitlement or superiority from certain people is coming from… starting to resemble the kind of fanbases we tend to detest…

The guy’s a Champions League player for one of the biggest clubs in the world in Juventus. Still so young and with a lot of ability and potential, he could be a Busquets type of player for us.

We’re Aston Villa, we haven’t even finished in the top half of the PL for yonks! These players aren’t below us…

A reality check and perspective would be nice… it’s amazing that we’re even looking at this level or standard of player now…

I’m not overly fussed who we bring in (out of the recent names that have been mentioned), we’ve never been able to target or attract this calibre of player before… as far as I can remember anyway…

I’d rather trust in the club to make the right decisions and try to enjoy the experience and our new status… rather than aimlessly moan and groan…

Let’s enjoy… our opinions mean and achieve nothing anyway.

That reminded me of be glad were signing Heskey.....

I know the lads a good player, he would improve the squad, I don't think he is what we need in an area of the pitch where we have loads of good players already. We need a DCM and that's it unless we are selling some players - Which I am not against

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I know the lads a good player, he would improve the squad, I don't think he is what we need in an area of the pitch where we have loads of good players already. We need a DCM and that's it unless we are selling some players - Which I am not against

When outsiders see an entire subreddit begging to be part of what is  basically digital genocide : r/thanosdidnothingwrong

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

🤣

Not what I meant! And I wouldn’t have called Heskey a quality player back then!

We signed him from Wigan mate!😆

I’m still upset we opted (piss off MON) for Heskey rather than Falcao! 🤦‍♂️🤣

Btw, how’s Koopmeiners doing? Recalling our discussions last window and going over so many DMs 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

Not what I meant! And I wouldn’t have called Heskey a quality player back then!

We signed him from Wigan mate!😆

I’m still upset we opted (piss off MON) for Heskey rather than Falcao! 🤦‍♂️🤣

Btw, how’s Koopmeiners doing? Recalling our discussions last window and going over so many DMs 😆

He's doing alright at Atlanta as far as I know..... I don't follow Italian football closely, I'd still take him.

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Not sure what your point is, maybe you misunderstood me. I didn’t say we shouldn’t look where we are going, rather have an appreciation of it and try to enjoy it.

Yes, we’ve moved on but why act so self entitled? We haven’t achieved anything yet, it makes no sense to be arrogant or dismissive…

We can look forwards with a dose of reality and maybe even a bit of humility (always helpful) and class… we shouldn’t  expect the world and want instant gratification. Do we really want to resemble other fanbases that we laugh at and criticise?

Steady progress is fine, tbf our progress has been fast but also measured under NSWE. 

You say splash the cash… we’ll only do that within our means and where it makes sense. Not hurt the club or get ourselves into debt.

As ever under NSWE, it’ll be a sensible approach.

It goes back to what I was saying… it’s worth trusting in the club a bit, so far they haven’t let us down and I believe they will continue to make the right moves and decisions (for the most part).

So maybe we shouldn’t be overly critical or upset of moves we make or players we are linked to or immediately think players that have been playing for more successful clubs are not good enough for us…

Again, our opinions or outrage mean nothing and affect nothing. It’s fun to speculate but silly to act as though we are better than we are… a bit of patience is not a bad thing.

The main point of what I was saying is we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves and start acting like entitled or arrogant fans such as the likes of Man U and Arsenal have.

Not sure what the aim of your response was.

I don't see anyone forgetting what we have been through. There is a difference between ambition and entitlement. I want the club to be ambitious and to always strive to be the best we possibly can. There is no lack of humility with that approach. And we should be critical of the club if we feel that their actions are not right. This is a football forum for discussion about AVFC. It would be kind of boring if everyone came on everyday and said the club is brilliant and always does the right thing and every player we buy is the the right player for the club. Debating opinions is a healthy thing to do

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Would be great if we signed Sven Botman now. Yes he’s really good but, more importantly, it would piss off Newcastle fans.

Quick! To the botmobile!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sne said:

So happy to read that we are not among the clubs who has "joined the hunt for Dele Alli"

I know, right? Anyone who's watched him this season will know he's a complete shadow of the player he was. He's been genuinely awful everytime I've seen him play recently. He desperately needs a move away from Spurs. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know, right? Anyone who's watched him this season will know he's a complete shadow of the player he was. He's been genuinely awful everytime I've seen him play recently. He desperately needs a move away from Spurs. 

He could be great in the Championship with Newcastle next season :)