January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

I just heard from a pal of mine who is usually ITK about club matters. He says we're going to announce Danny Ings before the end of the week. We'll be announcing that he likes the new Cold Play songs and prefers Heineken to those craft beers.

35 minutes ago, YLN said:

I just heard from a pal of mine who is usually ITK about club matters. He says we're going to announce Danny Ings before the end of the week. We'll be announcing that he likes the new Cold Play songs and prefers Heineken to those craft beers.

Fake news, he’s a U2 fan.  Typical ITK bull and smearing his good name with Cold Play fondness…legal action will be forthcoming!

2 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

Pleaseeeeeeeeee Johan 🙏 ( I know it’s unrealistic but dare to dream)

Niklas Sule......Too small.

Dan Burn at least.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Release clauses are fine as long as they are massively inflated prices. If a top club is willing to pay it then it means it’s a success.

Look at what we’re allowed to spend because of the Grealish money. We should be a very decent team next season aiming for top 8. 

I agree, in Spain release clauses are mandatory in every player's contract. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

True, but I think we have reached the status of 'stepping stone club' as in a club an extremely promising player moves to before their massive move to one of the top ten clubs in the world.

Big players have their future mapped out with their agents and this strategy is often their preferred route.

Club Statuses

1. Yo-You Club

2. Relegation Fodder

3. Lower half

4. mid table

5. Stepping Stone

6. Top 6

7. Top 4

8. Serious Challengers

Yippee, our next stage in development is Top 6 :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think the opposite. Not letting Grealish go for less than the contracted £100m will put players with an eye on their next move off unless we give them release clauses.

Well that’s the point, put a release clause in then.

think about Haarland for example he went to Dortmund for exactly this reason a stepping stone with a clause much higher than his purchase price.

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Club Statuses

1. Yo-You Club

2. Relegation Fodder

3. Lower half

4. mid table

5. Stepping Stone

6. Top 6

7. Top 4

8. Serious Challengers

Pretty much, and to be fair those top 6 clubs are the top 10-15 clubs in the world.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, paul514 said:

I would have rather had him than Ings.

But Chelsea insisted on a low-ish buy back clause (£50m?) which we wouldnt have entertained. He might be getting Lukaku’s numbers but he wont cost £100m to buy back.

38 minutes ago, paul514 said:

think about Haarland for example he went to Dortmund

Your profile says you're in Birmingham mate, didn't realize you were from the West Country!

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

When a club, don't want to sell....it does get tricky as Emile Smith-Rowe and James Ward -Prowse proved to be.

perhaps avoiding Double barrel names help....glad we are not in for Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.😀

ESR was never joining us. He's an Arsenal fan. It was a nice thought and an ambitious bid, but he was always staying. 

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Would love Tarkowski, myself.  Experienced Prem player and Engerland International who is much better than Tuanzebe and slightly better than Konsa (who himself hasn't been impressive this season).  More competition for places is a good thing.  

Supposedly it is Tarkowski, a few ITK on Twitter have intimated as much…. would be good if it comes off.

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

ESR was never joining us. He's an Arsenal fan. It was a nice thought and an ambitious bid, but he was always staying. 

Maybe....but I do admire the pluck of our club, for attempting it.

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Club Statuses

1. Yo-You Club

2. Relegation Fodder

3. Lower half

4. mid table

5. Stepping Stone

6. Top 6

7. Top 4

8. Serious Challengers

Love this :) Tbh I would be happy to establish ourselves as 5 for a few seasons

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe....but I do admire the pluck of our club, for attempting it.

Oh I do as well. Think it rattled Arsenal a bit as well, especially after Buendia chose us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Supposedly it is Tarkowski, a few ITK on Twitter have intimated as much…. would be good if it comes off.

Always thought he was a great defender, I don't recall him being much of a ball player but tackling and heading he is up there.

He's 29 ? So a 2 or 3 1/2 year contract is all I can see us offering. Hopefully it would be enough to tempt him so I expect 100k wages to be offered.

Hopefully it doesn't derail our dcm plans

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Always thought he was a great defender, I don't recall him being much of a ball player but tackling and heading he is up there.

He's 29 ? So a 2 or 3 1/2 year contract is all I can see us offering. Hopefully it would be enough to tempt him so I expect 100k wages to be offered.

Hopefully it doesn't derail our dcm plans

Burnley would surely want huge money for him now and equally he will want a sign on bonus and salary of that of a free agent. I really can't see this happening in Jan. The only club desperate enough to drop their pants and take it is Newcastle imo

• Like 1

Not sure this will end up being us but a Premier League team have had a bid accepted for 16 year old CB Will Armitage.

He's made 2appearances in the Papa Johns Trophy. The youngest Cheltenham player to ever make a first team appearance.

Obviously we've been hoovering up young talent and we've only just done business with Cheltenham after sending Aaron Ramsey there on loan last week.

Being around their first team (sort of) and in the PJ Trophy, he'd likely want to be in and around the U23s. We already have Bogarde, Swinkels, Feeney and now Kerr in those positions but at 16 he could really develop there with Feeney over the next couple years if Bogarde/Swinkels go on loan or if Kerr (or any of the others) are fast tracked to the first team squad.

Paging @cheltenham_villa to share an opinion

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Not sure this will end up being us but a Premier League team have had a bid accepted for 16 year old CB Will Armitage.

He's made 2appearances in the Papa Johns Trophy. The youngest Cheltenham player to ever make a first team appearance.

Obviously we've been hoovering up young talent and we've only just done business with Cheltenham after sending Aaron Ramsey there on loan last week.

Good spot. It sounds very much like a Villa type signing