January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

I have a feeling by Wednesday evening we will have signed a centre back pretty much out of nowhere … 

I hope so too. Not to replace anyone, but to add competition. Mings and Konsa are having it too easy.

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Kamara is linked to half the clubs in the PL and several across Europe. Nothing would suggest that we are any further ahead than anyone else.

True, but not sure many of those are willing to pay a fee. If it takes £15m this window, maybe we can steal a march?

One things for sure (he says), we’ll sign a DM this window and I think it might go down to the wire. Expecting it to be one of Bissouma, Kamara or Bentancur. 

Or, and here’s a crazy idea, we’ll sign 2!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

True, but not sure many of those are willing to pay a fee. If it takes £15m this window, maybe we can steal a march?

One things for sure (he says), we’ll sign a DM this window and I think it might go down to the wire. Expecting it to be one of Bissouma, Kamara or Bentancur. 

Or, and here’s a crazy idea, we’ll sign 2!

I think maybe this is what Gerrard meant when he said about getting “creative” if we couldn’t sign a CB…looking at a quality midfielder that can also play CB would be shrewd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

How do Southampton find these players....paid c £11 mill too?

the same way we found El Ghazi, Trez, Samatta, Engels, Wesley etc :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

Bentancur and kamara…. Or bissouma…. I’d go for the 2, makes more sense from a perspective of then we sort DM and CB… Bissouma is quality but I have this nagging feeling he will go Newcastle on massive wages and fee, then just be meh as he’s got the huge payday.

• Like 1

Not sure where this idea we can sign Kamara and Bentancur came from even if in theory they are cheaper than Bissouma. It'll be one of those 3 (hopefully, all are challenging targets in their own way).

Whilst one could play CB, we aren't buying a DM to play as a first choice CB and we aren't buying either Bentancur or Kamara to stick them on the bench. Unless we sell Luiz or McGinn and play Bentancur as an 8 but that would be a waste as well. It's one or none

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MattAvfc92 said:

Bentancur and kamara…. Or bissouma…. I’d go for the 2, makes more sense from a perspective of then we sort DM and CB… Bissouma is quality but I have this nagging feeling he will go Newcastle on massive wages and fee, then just be meh as he’s got the huge payday.

If we get both, we are 100% losing at least 1 from Douglas Luiz, Sanson, or Marv. I would have added SJM to that list but the comments from Gerrard yesterday suggest he's nailed on to sign a new contract. 

I remember watching a few Marseille games last season and was very impressed with their Croatian CB Duje Caleta-Car a protégée of the RB Salzburg production line. Being linked with Toon & WHU and has 18months left on his contract…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Kamara is linked to half the clubs in the PL and several across Europe. Nothing would suggest that we are any further ahead than anyone else.

Just have a look at the name on the gates. It’s beautiful and irresistible. 

Bissouma, Zakaria or Palhinha would be my choices for DM. I know Bissouma isn't technically an out and out DM, but he excels at the defensive side of the game so I'm classifying him as one. 

But Kamara makes a lot of sense too and he's apparently had an outstanding season so far. Being able to play CB also makes him desirable. Edson Alvarez at Ajax is similar type of player and apparently Wolves looked at him, but unfortunately we've never been linked.

Bentancur has played holding midfield but is more a versatile midfielder who has played in a lot of positions, he would be a good signing for 16m. But he wouldn't solve the no 6 issue so if he came in I'd be expecting us to move Sanson out and he be a like for like replacement. 

Corentin Tolisso? Contract expires soon, probs wouldn't want to ceom but he's class. Samuele Ricci at Empoli is quality but not sure he'd want to move to the UK, got bags of potential and is young wouldn't break the bank...

I'd expect Bentancur to play in front of the defense if we bought him, with 2 of Luiz, McGinn, Sanson and Ramsey to make up the midfield 3.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Corentin Tolisso? Contract expires soon, probs wouldn't want to ceom but he's class. Samuele Ricci at Empoli is quality but not sure he'd want to move to the UK, got bags of potential and is young wouldn't break the bank...

I'd expect Bentancur to play in front of the defense if we bought him, with 2 of Luiz, McGinn, Sanson and Ramsey to make up the midfield 3.

Injuries, injuries, injuries, and then more injuries.

Poop guy has been absolutely destroyed by injuries sadly.

Edit:

21/22 Corona virus Jan 1, 2022 Jan 12, 2022 11 days 1Bayern Munich
21/22 Unknown Injury Dec 12, 2021 Dec 18, 2021 6 days 2Bayern Munich
21/22 Calf Problems Sep 1, 2021 Oct 10, 2021 39 days 6Bayern Munich
21/22 Corona virus Jul 26, 2021 Aug 6, 2021 11 days -
20/21 torn tendon Feb 18, 2021 May 11, 2021 82 days 15Bayern Munich
20/21 Muscular problems Jan 22, 2021 Feb 3, 2021 12 days 2Bayern Munich
20/21 Muscle Injury Nov 28, 2020 Dec 10, 2020 12 days 4Bayern Munich
20/21 Muscular problems Nov 17, 2020 Nov 25, 2020 8 days 2Bayern Munich
19/20 Ankle Surgery Apr 20, 2020 Jun 30, 2020 71 days 10Bayern Munich
19/20 Calf muscle strain Dec 8, 2019 Dec 20, 2019 12 days 3Bayern Munich
18/19 Knee Problems Apr 25, 2019 May 3, 2019 8 days 1Bayern Munich
18/19 Fitness Mar 26, 2019 Apr 19, 2019 24 days 4Bayern Munich
18/19 Cruciate Ligament Rupture Sep 16, 2018 Mar 25, 2019 190 days 33Bayern Munich
17/18 Shin bone bruise Apr 16, 2018 Apr 23, 2018 7 days 2Bayern Munich
17/18 Shin bone bruise Mar 12, 2018 Mar 19, 2018 7 days 2Bayern Munich
Edited by sne
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

People could say the same for us about, say, McGinn at £2m - as a fan you always spot everyone else’s bargains. Saints also have their, eg, Guido Carrillo signed for £20m and released on a free or Boufal signed for £15m and released for nothing, etc.

Fair do's.....but they seem to find a few more than most clubs.....what a loan Broga is...as is Livramento, too.