January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

19 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Luiz was at fault for not stopping Bruno. It's amazing how people see something once and have a different view of what they saw. Go back and watch it, Mings closes down quickly and don't lunge in, he stands up. He would probably have got a red had he taken him out. 

Luiz never looks left to check who is behind him and doesn't sprint back to cover off the pass to Bruno. Sanson makes first mistake, Mings and Konsa do their jobs and Luiz is ball watching. 

Pause at 1:47 and look at Luiz and hit play.

Coutinho completes Villa comeback in dream debut 💥 | Aston Villa 2-2 Man Utd | Premier League Highlights - YouTube

Actually the first mistake is in Sanson's decision making. We were trying to relieve pressure and the ball should have gone down the line to whichever player was there (I can't remeber who it was now). Sanson should have stayed where he was plugging any gaps should the ball have then come back but by taking the decision to come wide, he exposed the midde and left Digne with no real option but to try and ping it to him to get quick distribution. Sanson then - because of the run he made, the space he closed off for Digne, and the weight of pass to deal with all contributed to his poor touch. It was a Sanson error strewn moment that will be eliminated through playing more games. Sadly, at this level you have to take your chances when they come, I thoguht he was lacking on Saturday and has done more damage than good in trying to impress Gerrard.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, peterw said:

Actually the first mistake is in Sanson's decision making. We were trying to relieve pressure and the ball should have gone down the line to whichever player was there (I can't remeber who it was now). Sanson should have stayed where he was plugging any gaps should the ball have then come back but by taking the decision to come wide, he exposed the midde and left Digne with no real option but to try and ping it to him to get quick distribution. Sanson then - because of the run he made, the space he closed off for Digne, and the weight of pass to deal with all contributed to his poor touch. It was a Sanson error strewn moment that will be eliminated through playing more games. Sadly, at this level you have to take your chances when they come, I thoguht he was lacking on Saturday and has done more damage than good in trying to impress Gerrard.

Obviously Sanson made the first mistake, I stated that in my post. Luiz made the 2nd one. The two combined lead to the goal. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I am confused by this too. There's no reason we could not have organised the game for that weekend. 

Ah, ignore me. Just remembered the international break. We’d be without Martinez, Buendia and Countinho.

Edited by WallisFrizz
Got myself completely confused with the football calendar, I was right first time, we should be playing FA cup weekend. I’ll stop talking now.

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We should play our game Against Leeds or Burnley on Saturday 5th as that's the FA Cup weekend and we're all out of it.

What is this witchcraft? Common sense? I've searched for it on wikipedia and to be honest I'm more than sceptic.

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We should play our game Against Leeds or Burnley on Saturday 5th as that's the FA Cup weekend and we're all out of it.

One of those teams would have to also to agree to that and no way they will because of their injury situation