January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, tomav84 said:

i'd guess we'd price him at something like 70m if someone came sniffing around.

just because a rag hasn't linked someone with him, doesn't mean there haven't been enquiries

This. I think the club have made it pretty clear we are not looking to sell out first team players unless a ridiculous bid is made.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I mean let me ask you the reverse, which 12 CBs in the top 6 would you prefer over Mings?

I’m not arguing on the base of opinion - we all have different opinions. Im making a statement of fact. He has never remotely been linked with the top 6 (or a quality overseas champions league team) and will never be as a starter. That should tell us something. 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

I’m not arguing on the base of opinion - we all have different opinions. Im making a statement of fact. He has never remotely been linked with the top 6 (or a quality overseas champions league team) and will never be as a starter. That should tell us something. 

this is opinion, not a statement of fact. as he doesn't play for those teams, so we don't know if he would start for them or not

also 90% of 'links' in the press are total BS. the actual inquiries and transfer communications don't tend to be made public. i believe there will have been numerous inquiries for him and they've been promptly told where to go

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Lol stating that no team in the big 6 has come from him and therefore he’s no good is just arguing based on opinion by proxy 😂😂

Does the £160 million United has spent on Maguire, Lindelof, and Bailey who they’ve wanted mean that they’re good? 

No.

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

Lol stating that no team in the big 6 has come from him and therefore he’s no good is just arguing based on opinion by proxy 😂😂

Does the £160 million United has spent on Maguire, Lindelof, and Bailey who they’ve wanted mean that they’re good? 

No.

I’m not saying he’s no good. I’m saying that he’s not of the required level if we want to be challenging for European football regularly. That is backed up by the evidence that no team at that level has ever shown any interest in him when normally anyone they think is good enough is hovered up sooner or later. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’m not saying he’s no good. I’m saying that he’s not of the required level if we want to be challenging for European football regularly. That is backed up by the evidence that no team at that level has ever shown any interest in him when normally anyone they think is good enough is hovered up sooner or later. 

so martinez isn't good enough for that level then? because unless i'm mistaken he's not had any credible links with any of the scum 6 sides or top european sides either

it's a bizarre method of judging ability IMO

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Maybe because they cant afford him. He is miles better than regular European starter Eric Dier or Lindelof

People just enjoy putting Mings down usually for no reason 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Okay then let’s just replace the word good in what I said with at that level, it’s still a question you seem determined to avoid:

Lol stating that no team in the big 6 has come from him and therefore he’s no good is just arguing based on opinion by proxy 😂😂

Does the £160 million United has spent on Maguire, Lindelof, and Bailey who they’ve wanted mean that they’re up to the level of challenging for regular European football? 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

When folks on here talk about fixing CB are we saying replace Mings? 

I'm not, we have only 3 of them and one is injured. Need a right footed CB as a matter of urgency and a great number 6 as part of the grand plan moving forward. Konsa I think is awesome and as a pairing with Mings I think they're very much good enough. A great number 6 in front of them and they'll look even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's a troll, look at his other dumb tweets. Come on people, we can do better background checking than that. 🤣

It's out there now.  It will never go away, it will never be anything other than fact regardless of how often it's debunked.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, he wasn't at fault for either goal against United. His driving run forward created a goal. I think he's getting better under Gerrard tbh. It will take time as he adapts more to the playing out from the back and being comfortable under the press.

What we need though is a new signing to properly put competition on Konsa/Mings. A guy breathing down your neck for your place will focus the mind and concentration levels in a game. 

He may not have been at fault for the goal following Sanson's pass but do u not think he could have done more to stop Bruno? 

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

hypothetically, if this were to happen, does Jack get a new thread started or does the Jack Grealish thread just move back over from 'other football'?:mellow:

Maybe a new thread on "Fringe players trying to get into the 1st team"

• Like 1