January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do you? Do you really luuuuuurrrrve him? Why don’t you marry him? 🤣

Seriously though, he’s shit mate 😆

And yeah, that dive was absolutely pathetic and idiotic. Embarrassing.

Trez isn't shit. He is average at this level. Trez between October and December last season was very good.

Only Jack has performed better for us (in the winger positions). Traore is a live wire, has some brilliant flashes, but goes missing in games. Trez on the other hand is always involved. His running off the ball, his workrate, and pressing are all first class. Shame he has lacked a bit of quality on the ball. With Trez it's that final ball / pass / shot from distance that let's himself down, because he does lots of great work up to that point. 

He is one of those we look at and think if only he had a bit more raw talent to work with, he'd be a top player.

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He isn't just big and strong, he has a good turn of pace, powerful runner with the ball at his feet, good first touch, he also strikes the ball well. For me he just needs to be smarter in front of goal. 

spacer.png

Just now, Philosopher said:

Trez isn't shit. He is average at this level. Trez between October and December last season was very good.

Only Jack has performed better for us (in the winger positions). Traore is a live wire, has some brilliant flashes, but goes missing in games. Trez on the other hand is always involved. His running off the ball, his workrate, and pressing are all first class. Shame he has lacked a bit of quality on the ball. With Trez it's that final ball / pass / shot from distance that let's himself down, because he does lots of great work up to that point. 

He is one of those we look at and think if only he had a bit more raw talent to work with, he'd be a top player.

Sorry, I completely disagree.

Traore is levels above Trez and hasn’t been with us anywhere near as long. 
It’s clear to see that BT is a far superior player.

Plus, BT produced goals and assists. Moments of brilliance and entertainment.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I can think of a few posters i'd happily put on the transfer list.....possible let them go out on loan for a season to see if will sharpen them up a bit. naming no names of course:ph34r:

"No Names - No pact drill"....go on, empty the bucket.😆

Don't worry, I'm on my way to another site.

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Has anyone ever seen Jas and TRO in the same room? 

🤣 We don’t agree on everything!

I wasn’t a staunch supporter of Bruce for one! 🤣

Tbf, most people can see it and it’s blindingly obvious. We need that DM!

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

He rarely hits his shots off target, and gets good power on them. I wrote well! I'm not calling him Batistuta! In terms of powerful centre forwards he strikes the ball well. Not very well, or a lovely strike of the ball, but fairly well.

21 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I can think of a few posters i'd happily put on the transfer list.....possible let them go out on loan for a season to see if will sharpen them up a bit. naming no names of course:ph34r:

Would they be free transfers or would we be looking for a fee?

13 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He isn't just big and strong, he has a good turn of pace, powerful runner with the ball at his feet, good first touch, he also strikes the ball well. For me he just needs to be smarter in front of goal. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886gmxgqpboix9b7ccoyj

are we talking about the same player?

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sorry, I completely disagree.

Traore is levels above Trez and hasn’t been with us anywhere near as long. 
It’s clear to see that BT is a far superior player.

Plus, BT produced goals and assists. Moments of brilliance and entertainment.

Sorry but you are wrong. BT's technical ability is levels above, but his all round game is maybe fractionally better. Trez always put in a shift, the team never has to carry him. 

He rarely hits his shots off target, and gets good power on them. I wrote well! I'm not calling him Batistuta! In terms of powerful centre forwards he strikes the ball well. Not very well, or a lovely strike of the ball, but fairly well.

spacer.png

Just messing mate, you’re entitled to your opinion. I just disagree 🤣

Never rated the guy, think too many people are overly sentimental about him for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Batistuta was one of my favourite players back in the day btw, please don’t mention his name in the same sentence or paragraph as Davis please 🤣

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Sorry but you are wrong. BT's technical ability is levels above, but his all round game is maybe fractionally better. Trez always put in a shift, the team never has to carry him. 

Just the way I see it. Not necessarily about who’s right or wrong 👍

I would always pick BT over Trez. You wouldn’t.

Fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

“I wrote well!” 🤣🤣🤣

👏 👏👏

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886gmxgqpboix9b7ccoyj

are we talking about the same player?

Yeah! When he runs with the ball he is powerful and hard to get it off him. When ball is played into him with his back to goal it tend to stick so yeah his first touch is quite good, it's not lovely like Jack, or very good like Traore. His touch is a similar level to Ollies.

There is a middle ground you know. There isn't just great or shite!

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A 5’5”, light weight central midfielder, with no pace and a piss poor attitude?

Oh Dave......I'm going for a lie down....you know how to hurt a man.😀

However.......Kante would be an exception.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Just messing mate, you’re entitled to your opinion. I just disagree 🤣

Never rated the guy, think too many people are overly sentimental about him for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Batistuta was one of my favourite players back in the day btw, please don’t mention his name in the same sentence or paragraph as Davis please 🤣

I was saying he no Batistuta (one of my faves too). Davis has talent, just not sure he has the football I.Q. A fine battering ram, but a rubbish lock pick!

Horses for courses. 

I was saying he no Batistuta (one of my faves too). Davis has talent, just not sure he has the football I.Q. A fine battering ram, but a rubbish lock pick!

Horses for courses. 

Fair enough mate. I’m just messing around. Will shut up now 🤣