January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, jacketspuds said:

No idea.

Hopefully revert to signing people on the up. Don't want to go all MON, that road leads to Habib Beye and Steve Sidwell. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

Hopefully revert to signing people on the up. Don't want to go all MON, that road leads to Habib Beye and Steve Sidwell. 

SG has mentioned doing business in the summer. So whatever we can’t get now we will get then including at least a CD of Coutinho/Digne quality level.

26 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Newcastle?

I'm not sure tbh about their ffp situ. Ashley ran them at a profit so in theory they are in the + enough to spend, however, elite players will not be going there for a long time, which means forever, because they will not get to a level in able to sign elite players, without already having elite players.

22 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Can’t say I really understand FFP, but am I right in thinking that next year our final season in the championship is off the books which will significantly enhance our position???

It will definitely enhance our position. I believe clubs could only lose about 15m a season in the championship, while it is around 75m in the PL. With the championship season now converted to PL I am assuming we will have an extra £60m, in terms of FFP headroom, but that might be a bit naive. 

Edited by Made In Aston

what a window, gotta be on track for the best window in my time as a Villa supporter.

• Coutinho
  • Digne

If we can get a proper high class DM in during this window, it will be an insane window!

(obviously we might need a DC also, but this can be a loan for all i care right now, only need backup for now)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Does this mean we'll do nothing in the summer 🤔

Players will leave, players will arrive.

I'm sure it'll all balance out as we have competent businessmen (with a history in top level sports ownership) running the place.

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I believe clubs could only lose about 15m a season in the championship, while it is around 75m in the PL. 

You mean £35m losses allowed per year in the Premier League.

So gives us an extra £20m to play with.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dale said:

You forgot Nicky Shorey 😀