January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I wonder if people are slighty overrating Zakaria, I've seen him play, think he's a very good player, and would be happy for us to sign him, but I'm not sure he's so good that all the top sides in Europe will want him, I think he'd more likely end up at a club like ours or one on a similar level such as Leicester, Wolves, Everton, or West Ham, possibly the next level up such as Arsenal or Spurs, if bigger teams than the aforementioned go for him I think it will be more due to the reduced tranfer fee than anything else, Man Utd might make sense as they seem weak in midfield.

Having watched them both play I think Bissouma is more suited to what we need in that central holding role.

Like I'm not sure he (Zakaria) is any more of an unrealistic signing than Bissouma would be, or Digne for that matter, or to put it another way him going to one of the superpowers is a possibility but he's not so good that it's a certainty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Like I'm not sure he (Zakaria) is any more of an unrealistic signing than Bissouma would be, or Digne for that matter, or to put it another way him going to one of the superpowers is a possibility but he's not so good that it's a certainty.

If we can blow other clubs away with deals for Coutihno and Digne I'd say we can confidently go in for any player now apart from the super elite. We CAN sign either Zakaria or Bissouma, it cannot just be laughed off anymore because it's Villa, that there's no chance, because there IS now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

If we can blow other clubs away with deals for Coutihno and Digne I'd say we can confidently go in for any player now apart from the super elite. We CAN sign either Zakaria or Bissouma, it cannot just be laughed off anymore because it's Villa, that there's no chance, because there IS now.

Agree. I never for a second believed we could sign Coutinho or Digne. Never mind both! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

So there’s a chance for Haaland? 😜

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Fee no problem. Wages impossible within the financial guidelines, surely there are only 3 clubs that can get him. 2 over here and 1 in France. 

You can say that again! (Twice 😂)

• Haha 1

Fee no problem. Wages impossible within the financial guidelines, surely there are only 3 clubs that can get him. 2 over here and 1 in France. 

It will be crazy what his wages will be when he does goes.  It does show the gulf in finances between a couple of teams and the rest.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It will be crazy what his wages will be when he does goes.  It does show the gulf in finances between a couple of teams and the rest.

The real reason ffp was brought in, fewer and fewer clubs are winning trophies and it will only get worse, next stage is 5 subs, then 9 and squads sizes increased to 36, then all the best players will be at 8 clubs.

• Like 1

From  Sky...

Sky in Germany are reporting Borussia Dortmund and Derby County are interested in signing Manchester United winger Amad Diallo on loan.

Such a tough decision for the lad. I wonder which team he will choose. :)

The real reason ffp was brought in, fewer and fewer clubs are winning trophies and it will only get worse, next stage is 5 subs, then 9 and squads sizes increased to 36, then all the best players will be at 8 clubs.

Bit of luck we will be on the gravy train by then 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think we’ll see the second go at the Super League in the next 18 months as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Bit of luck we will be on the gravy train by then 

I think that's probably why we've moved it up a gear, there's no way that the super lucrative super league idea will just go away. If/when it happens we have to be part of it because in theory the domestic leagues will go into decline. Signing better players now could make us successful enough that we have a voice in the obvious behin closed doors shenanigans that are going on. NWSE will want to kick the door down and invite themselves to the party.

• Like 2

I think that's probably why we've moved it up a gear, there's no way that the super lucrative super league idea will just go away. If/when it happens we have to be part of it because in theory the domestic leagues will go into decline. Signing better players now could make us successful enough that we have a voice in the obvious behin closed doors shenanigans that are going on. NWSE will want to kick the door down and invite themselves to the party.

VERY good point

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If this ever happened I will happily turn my back on football. Got no time for any club or fans who would want to join this circus. We helped form the league, would be disgusted if we were part of the clubs that would be happy to dismantle it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

If this ever happened I will happily turn my back on football. Got no time for any club or fans who would want to join this circus. We helped form the league, would be disgusted if we were part of the clubs that would be happy to dismantle it. 

Blame Charles Ponzi.

We're involved in something that is unstoppable, we have to decide where in the Ponzi scheme we want to be, if we are on the bottom layer we will cease to exist.