January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is now the time to offer Danny Ings to Toon for silly money, say 50m+

Nah...  Davis for 50m+  "Have you seen this lad in training????  He's going to be a monster!!!  Get him while he's cheap!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

FTFY.

We need depth, 2 quality forwards is a good thing. Unlimited amount of poor wingers we can do without, ship em.

I am sure we could find a replacement up and coming young striker for 50m. I think Ings is exactly what Toon need now and I think we could make a real killing on selling Ings

I am sure we could find a replacement up and coming young striker for 50m. I think Ings is exactly what Toon need now and I think we could make a real killing on selling Ings

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it in a heartbeat and I like him, but that would be cracking business and make the barcodes look like mugs. That said, there's a good chance he would keep them up and that I do not like.

I’d rather saw off my own knackers with a blunt kitchen knife than sell Ings to Newcastle.

Vile owners and a self-entitled ignorant fan-base. I will be over-joyed if they go down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

And then watch Ollie get injured and our new "up and coming young striker" find the leap to the Premier League a bit more than they can handle....

• Like 1

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

I’d rather saw off my own knackers with a blunt kitchen knife than sell Ings to Newcastle.

Vile owners and a self-entitled ignorant fan-base. I will be over-joyed if they go down. 

All the new players they buy will no doubt have relegation clauses to leave Toon for a relatively low fee if they go down. The dream is they buy loads of expensive players, the get relegated and they all **** off in the summer 😂

1 minute ago, allani said:

And then watch Ollie get injured and our new "up and coming young striker" find the leap to the Premier League a bit more than they can handle....

I would hope that if we spent 50m on a young up and coming striker that he wouldn't find the leap too hard to handle

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would hope that if we spent 50m on a young up and coming striker that he wouldn't find the leap too hard to handle

Think I’m happy keeping Ings if I’m honest.  Yes getting 50m for Ings is stupid money and amazing but I don’t care about Newcastle, I’m happy we have a proven quality striker in our squad and so I’d like to keep him.  Plus it’s not as if Newcastle are doing that with buying Trippier and interested in Chris Woods, not exactly over spending on high profile mercenaries is it so not even realistic.

24 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is now the time to offer Danny Ings to Toon for silly money, say 50m+

Out: Ings £50m 

In: Boubacar Kamara €10m (expiring contract), Julian Alvarez €20m (reported release clause), Digne £25m or so.

I'd happily take that and it would make our starting 11 and squad much stronger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

'Hopefully, we will have more options in the attacking area at the end of the window' WTF does that mean

I loved that! Little glint in his eyes.  Coutinho may not be the only attacking player then 🤔